Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a bout of depression and SAD my doctor put me on effexor. Its seems to have heloed me alot. I dont have panic attacks in social situations. I am good if i have my nights sleep. I was wonder if anybody here has found effexor good for them??:D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah, I took Effexor for a little over a year. It really helped me a lot. I think that it generally helped me to look at life in a better light and stop cutting as much as I used to. Only thing is, recently my doctor tried to up my dose from 75 mg to 150 mg, and that made me really really dizzy and I felt like I was going to faint everyt ime I would take it. That went on for about a month, I kept missing classes due to it (I'm in college) so I went back to the doctor and told him. Now he's taking me off of it completely! Which, isn't turning out to be the best experience. Effexor withdraws are terrible, even if you only miss a dose. Also, my moods are going back to the way they were and I've been rather depressed and crying all the time. AND my mood swings are coming back...S yeah, it's a good medicine, it just has it's serious downsides.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts