Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
taking a break from SAS
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reason they give is they need this information to verify the bank account. Wtf? Why do they need my username / login? sounds very shady.
Anyone familiar with ebay know if this is ok?

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
Paypal is actually a separate company although it was started by Ebay. That is why they want a username and password. It is a separate account from your Ebay Account. I would suggest using a different password but use the same User name.

I've never had any problems with it. When you buy something with Paypal, the money is withdrawn from your account by EFT or you can specify a credit card. The default however is your bank account. If you sell something you have to tell them to transfer the money into your account.

As for the seller's fees, this is how Ebay makes it's money. It's just like selling something in a consignment store. They handle the logistics of the sale and keep a percentage of it.

·
Hated by all females
539 Posts
It's ok - not shady at all. I use ebay all the time and have never had a problem. I only use paypal for payment. In fact, I use my paypal account for all Internet based purchases or sells, whether it's through ebay or not. Paypal is perfectly safe.

·
Bigg Slapp
226 Posts
and if are buying on e-bay only buy from people who have a long record, because they take what they are doing seriously.

if you give them any less than a perfect rating. they will do anything to make it up to you, from refunds to replacements. dude you might get them to come over and trim your footclaws.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ebay doesn't ask you for your bank account details, maybe bank account number and holder, but never login information for your online banking account, that would be a scam site. You can pay your ebay fees using a credit card.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts