·
Hear, See , Be silent
1,421 Posts
lmao.... yum.

At least eat flavored lip balm.

·
Banned
1,662 Posts
Where did you hear this from? i have a sore throat right now:yawn and i have the vaseline in my hand ready to try i just need to know where you got this info from before i do something stupid XD

·
making awesome awesomer
587 Posts
Supposedly the guy who discovered vaseline ate a spoon full everyday and accredited it to his longevity. Also some dentists tell people to put vaseline on the front of their mouth so the enamel wont discolor. So apparently it is safe, but i dont know if you should use it as a cure all.

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
Mmmmm, petroleum jelly!

·
In the doghouse
1,165 Posts
Nope the back lable was removed:) i herd garlic helps sore throat
Try gargling salt water. It's been modestly effective for me. Ha, eating vaseline. It would have to be flavored most definitely. I should start cooking with it.

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
Make a garlic-vaseline spread; you could use it to make garlic bread or even to glaze a ham. If you're feeling really creative, why not make pastries with a delicate vaseline filling? For a healthier alternative, throw some in the blender and have a vaseline smoothie. Or just pull up a spoon and a tub of vaseline and dig in. Who needs Häagen Dazs?

I'm going to go throw up now.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,113 Posts
Ingesting petroleum products is not a good idea.

·
blessed with lucky sevens
840 Posts
rofl, i laughed so hard when I saw the title of the thread.

It sounds like something Ralph from the Simpsons would do |:

Miss Hoover, I ate my glue stick.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Well, they give cats petroleum jelly to swallow and it helps them cough up/ regurgitate hairballs. If cats can ingest it...then I don't know what to tell you.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Not something I'd ingest! Garlic is great as someone mentioned. For a sore throat try adding lemon juice and honey to a cup of hot water and drinking.

For a cold I inhale friars balsam which helps if you have blocked sinus' or bad coughing. You can buy a bottle of it at the chemist, add a little to a big bowl of hot water, put your head over with a towel covering for a 5 minutes.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts