Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with overeating, i tend to eat non-stop to relieve anxiety usually to the point where i feel sick,im not overweight but i know im not doing myself any favours
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
38,431 Posts
missnat84 said:
I have a problem with overeating, i tend to eat non-stop to relieve anxiety usually to the point where i feel sick,im not overweight but i know im not doing myself any favours
How do you manage to pull off this magic of eating like a pig and not being overweight? I've got the overeating part down very well, but I want the secret to not gaining weight while doing so. (Other than barfing up the food)
 

·
She-Wolf
Joined
·
5,985 Posts
I'm not really sure if what I do is considered an eating disorder, but I usually go through a period where I overreat and it makes me feel so sick like I could throw up, but I can't. I think I get digesting pains/problems from the overreating.

But then I go throw a period where I eat healthy or try my best to avoid eating at all. I'm going through that right now, for the past four or five days all I've eaten was dinner, but it was because I was with my family and I was forced to eat it.

It's weird, I always have the same thought "loose weight, don't eat much, get skinny" but only half the time I am able to not eat, the other time I binge on so much food, way more than I would eat normally.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UltraShy said:
missnat84 said:
I have a problem with overeating, i tend to eat non-stop to relieve anxiety usually to the point where i feel sick,im not overweight but i know im not doing myself any favours
How do you manage to pull off this magic of eating like a pig and not being overweight? I've got the overeating part down very well, but I want the secret to not gaining weight while doing so. (Other than barfing up the food)
Ive always been slim,i think it has something to do with the metabolism(think thats the word for it). The way the body works with food and not always easy to put weight on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Dido deadxdisco. I have noticed a lot lately that I hardly have an apitite at all. I will sometimes have just a bowl of cereal in the morning and that is it. I can go the rest of the day without eatting. I really have no clue what to do at lunch time at work. Most of the time I am too lazy to pack my own lunch, so I will have no choice but to go out and eat. I usually don't like going out and the typical drive thru is not that much easier on my anxiety. So I just fast thru my days. There are meals every once in a while where I will eat three or more plates. I guess that this compensates. I use to weigh 180 lbs when I was in middle school 10 years ago. Now I am a foot or more taller and 140 lbs.
 

·
Be One With the Poo
Joined
·
416 Posts
missnat84 said:
UltraShy said:
missnat84 said:
I have a problem with overeating, i tend to eat non-stop to relieve anxiety usually to the point where i feel sick,im not overweight but i know im not doing myself any favours
How do you manage to pull off this magic of eating like a pig and not being overweight? I've got the overeating part down very well, but I want the secret to not gaining weight while doing so. (Other than barfing up the food)
Ive always been slim,i think it has something to do with the metabolism(think thats the word for it). The way the body works with food and not always easy to put weight on.
I think it's the opposite for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,482 Posts
Sometimes, I just want to eat either out of habit, boredom or anxiety. Then again, I just like food. As for gaining weight, I do because I don't work it off like I should. I'm probably one of those people who can just look at food and put weight on without even having to eat it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Anxiety disorders often are co-morbid with eating disorders. This includes both over-eating and under-eating.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
I can't eat when I'm really anxious, like right before an event. But believe me, I make up for it afterwards. I binge like crazy, especially after work, it's like a stress release for me and I tell myself I deserve it, like a reward for pushing myself through the anxiety. I know it's not a reward at all though, just an addiction that I'm trying to justify. It's really hard to overcome though, eating is one of my true pleasures in life.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
i do have that fear of being overweight and it has always been an issue since i was young. I have done the whole bulimia/anorexia thing before. Nau I eat less than I should. Mostly because i am not active and slow metabolism runs in the family. Im such a foodie & love to try new things, but I deny myself of all good foods even in moderation. I still think I need to lose a lot of weight even though for my height, my current weight is fine..maybe even perfect. Yet i regret every little thing i put into my mouth even if its one grape.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
I have issues with anorexia, but my weight is not as low as it was a few years back. All though I am techincally at a healthy weight it borders on underweight. Sometimes all I do is eat while other times I can barely eat. There seems to be no middle ground.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The worst thing about overeating is it makes me extremely tired and lacking in energy,i know its because of all the junk food i eat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
I HAVE STRUGGLED WITH EATING DISORDERS MOST OF MY LIFE. IN HIGHSCHOOL I WAS ADMITTED TO AN EATING DISORDER HOSPITAL FOR 6 WEEKS. I USED TO HAVE BULIMIA AND ANOREXIA BUT NOW I JUST FLUCTUATE BETWEEN COMPULSIVE OVEREATING AND FASTING. I AM IN A NORMAL WEIGHT RANGE BUT I AM PARANOID OF BECOMING OVERWEIGHT. I HAVE A VERY UNHEALTHY RELATIONSHIP WITH FOOD. FOOD IS MY DRUG OF CHOICE. I USE FOOD TO ESCAPE REAL LIFE. FOOD IS MY SUBSTITUTE FOR A SOCIAL LIFE. IT IS TERRIBLE BUT I AM TRYING TO CHANGE IT. I STARTED GOING TO OVEREATERS ANONYMOUS MEETINGS. I AM READY TO STOP HIDING OUT AND START LIVING!
 

·
The b**** is back
Joined
·
1,121 Posts
I'm sorry to hear of your struggle but why are you shouting?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,482 Posts
Yellowbunny said:
When I get really depressed I tend to not want to eat at all.
I wish I didn't want to eat when I'm depressed. I would actually have a good body right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
994 Posts
No, it's also about control over your life........I'm off topic here, and I apologize..........Having suffered from eating disorders in the past.......You know, you can take that "Control" and put it to use in other areas of your life..........It takes so much enerfvy to have an eating disorder!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
I am currently working on fixing my eating problems. Was in a starve/binge cycle since fourth grade until about 21 and just gained weight the whole time. Then started making changes on my own but continued to gain weight. Have recently started seeing a dietician at our local clinic and have never felt healthier, have been losing a bit finally and my skin looks much healthier as well. Am continuing to work on evening eating habits but have completely stopped starving myself. :banana
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
994 Posts
I do that as well, the problem is....I just can't seem to stop, I can eat my weight in food (Pardon the pun) and still eat more.........
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top