Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When im depressed i cant eat ANYTHING.it feels like im full and if i try to eat i'll just throw it up....but let the depression subside a few minutes later and im munching on everything i can find.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Same here, sorta. When I'm going through a depression episode, I lose my appetite and I get too lazy to prepare and cook anything. There have been days when I've forced by myself to atleast get one meal. I don't throw up the food though.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I used to never eat when I was depressed, I was really skinny because I was depressed so much.

I haven't struggled with depression too much in the past couple of years and wouldn't you know it...I love food and am currently trying to lose some inches!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah social anxiety also plays a role in my appetite.i can NOT eat at a resturant.i can leave the house hungry,walk into a resturant..order...and suddenly feel full before i even touch the food.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My appetite is random.
Some weeks I may go without eating anything. Maybe a piece of fruit or something which will last me for a few days.
Then other weeks it's as if I can't get enough food. I'll get a 12inch Subway sandwhich and down the whole thing in minutes and still be hungry.
Luckily it balances out so I never get too skinny or too obese.

·
You can do this!
4,464 Posts
I binge eat when I'm depressed or anxious. It's really great. :|

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Yes, I tend to go oveboard with junkfood when I'm really down. LIke yesterday I had a really bad day at school and my bird died so I got really sad, went out and bought a bag of beef jerky and almond m&ms.
But after I eat, I always feel extra guilty and go out and exercise until I'm exhausted. So that works out ok. I'm pretty happy with my weight now and when I have major cravings for sweets, I just chew fruity gum.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I can eat when I'm depressed, but I often forget or can't be bothered to do so.. I don't feel like looking after myself properly. Like today, for example, it's 11pm and I haven't eaten since breakfast. I'd better go make something actually..

When I'm anxious or nervous I can't eat at all really. So depression isn't the worst thing diet-wise.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I lose my appetite and could go for days without eating if not forcing myself to eat fruit at least, i'm not one to be hungry too much anyways, and i'm not really thin, i could stand to lose some weight, i think stress made me gain weight.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Caedmon said:
I binge eat when I'm depressed or anxious. It's really great. :|
I'm similar to this - except if I'm in front of people (aka: at work). I worry too much that others will think I'm over eating. So, I binge eat only if I'm alone. (which, if the depression or anxiety is great enough, is alot). Well, then, if that goes on too long, my anxiety will start being ABOUT the binge eating - and then I won't let myself eat at all for days. Oh, yeah... my metabolism is shot, lemme tell, ya. ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.