Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if its just me, or does it have anything do to with depression/SA, but I have the hardest time concentrating in class. Well, I guess it is S.A because I'm constantly worried what people think about me, so I just freeze and dont move much. But also when I'm alone, like I go to the library to study, my mind always wanders and I cant concentrate on my studies, its so frustrating, because I want to do well in school... argh!! :mum

·
Registered
42 Posts
It's not just you, I've had this alot since I got SA. When I'm confident I can sit for hours just doing homework, studying, staying focused but when I'm anxious too many other things just start creeping up in my mind- what people think of me in class, if a handled a social situation right, regret over my problems ect... It's too much underlying stress that makes us easily distracted.
I used to be one of the best students, was in gifted/talented classes up until I started high school. Everyone had such high hopes for me. Then SA kicked in and I am just mediocre now :rain . It's strange how SA effects other parts of your life.

·
Registered
156 Posts
i have that same problem. i have a two hour english class and all the teacher does is lecture. i will try my hardest to listen to what he is lecturing about but it's impossible. i always find myself thinking about something completely unrelated to that class. i am not sure it is just from SA because one time my friend gave me ritalin before class and i was able to focus so well on what the teacher was talking about.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, i have this same problem...you're not alone. I have this a lot with reading. It makes me want to hate reading. It's just too difficult for me to sit down and concentrate. I have this problem in school as well. I believe it is my social anxiety interfering with my learning ability...but then again...sometimes i just think i have a learning disiblity.

I just dont know. It might be both. :stu

1 - 6 of 6 Posts