Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced tinnitus, nausea, or headaches after having an ear infection? I'm not even 100% sure I had one, but I don't think my ear was just clogged with wax.

·
Super Moderator
9,458 Posts
I had a super painful ear infection last year. I guess it was due to a huge build up of wax that pressed against my eardrum and caused a tear. I had about 2 weeks of having to cope with watery gunk coming out of my ear, and then I became deaf in it for a couple more weeks. I'd definitely get it checked out though if you don't think it's just wax.

·
Registered
28,013 Posts
I had a bad ear infection when I was 16. I think it was from taking long baths and dunking my head under water. So bacteria got in there. The problem with ear infections is that antibiotics don't work very well. They put me on one round of antibiotics and it didn't work. Then they tried another one and it still didn't work. The weird thing was that I had no pain whatsoever, just itchiness. I started get tinnitus which drove me crazy. I'm kind of sensitive to sound and get irritated easily even with background TV noise. Then I had a few dizzy spells. I almost fell over at supermarket right after we had finished with the register. My dad caught me in time and the supermarket people were all worried thinking I had some sort of horrid illness, when it was just an ear infection.

I think I may have had ear infections as a small child but they didn't catch it cause I feel no pain in the ear for some reason. The doctor commented that it looked like I had some before, like there is visible damage.

Finally they put me on another round of antibiotics and gave me antibiotic ear drops too. That fixed it but then I got a yeast infection from having taken antibiotics for over 6 weeks. Delightful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts