Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was once told that i may have dystemia. that is when you feel good for a while and then you feel down for another while. you know like up and down during continous periods. now i believe that yes i may feel that way sometimes but i guess it all starts for me because of my social issues. to a greater degree my insecurities and frustations have probably been led by social anxiety. the good thing is that gradually i feel i'm overcoming SA in some aspects. anyone else has felt like this (up and down for periods of time)unfortunately due to SA?

·
Registered
121 Posts
yes! all the time. I can be really down in the beginning of the day but end up being happy by the end (with middle of the day ups and downs too) and it all revolves around my social interactions whether I perceive them as good or bad.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I need to elaborate some more. I can feel fantastic driving to work for example then come crashing down once i get there then maybe a little while after being there I can become genuinely happy again.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I need to elaborate some more. I can feel fantastic driving to work for example then come crashing down once i get there then maybe a little while after being there I can become genuinely happy again.
mood swings, huh? that's unfortunate. for me is not much about what happens in one day. its more like longer periods of time, 3 - 4 months for example, but i'm using more positive thinking now or maybe use more distractions so that i don't go from mountain peaks to an abyss.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Never been diagnosed with anything, but I'm in the middle of what I tend to call a "moping session." It's where I'll become more unmotivated, depressive (not depressed), and lethargic than normal. It can't be hormones, since it lasts anywhere from a week to a month. This seems to be one of the longer bouts. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts