Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today will mark my 2nd week on dxm and today I woke up very happy and talkative with people. I am confused because I am not like this normally. I heard that DXM has antidepressant properties. Is this possible? I take 30mg of dxm at morning and evening. Could this be building up causing the antidepressant effect? Whats the chances I can get serotonin syndrome from long term use?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Not at that dose. Euphoric effects start around 150mg really get rolling at 300mg
Likely placebo or u r a slow metabolizer

·
Registered
589 Posts
I weigh 180 pounds and it takes 300mg for me to start feeling euphoria if I am going to feel euphoria. DXM is a mood amplifier. It will make a bad mood worse and a good mood better. I messed up and took it a few times when I was in sort of a downer mood and it turned out to not be that much worse than what passes for a normal day for me now (ha. . .) Therefore DXM is highly unrecommended for bringing one out of depression. It will make a good day better, but that's it. It only lasts for a day. It's not a good long-term solution anyway as it makes the liver work harder.

30mg wouldn't likely have any effect other than a basic cough suppresant. 1500mg would probably be the coma level. 300mg is a good amount for me because I get some euphoric effects and I can function in society on basic levels. Otherwise your balance gets thrown off and your words start slurring the higher you go. Then functioning smoothly in society is very hard and people will notice you're "off" and not in a good way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts