Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Potato
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help me if you can, I'm about to go crazy with this thing.

I have a Samsung SC-D353 DV Cam and today I picked up a 512mb memory card to go with it so I could transfer my stuff to PC. Put it in and everything was good, videos and pictures both transported. So I went to delete the test pictures I had done, and went to 'format' (Yeah I know, I should have selected 'delete all' but believe me I'm banging my head now). The book says that formatting should be fine and shows me how to do it.

But after I formatted that's when everything screwed up. Whenever I go into camera mode to take pictures or videos, I get "NOT FORMATTED!" blinking and it won't let me save anything. I go back to Player mode and the only thing I'm allowed to do is format. So if I format again, seems fine, go back to camera mode and the circle of death starts again.

I have NO idea what else I can try. I'm getting so frustrated here - I feel like I killed my expensive memory card, but the book says that formatting is okay.. so wtf? :con :mum

If anyone has any answers for me, thanks.

·
Potato
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply - and downloading the manual! Haha

My model of cam doesn't have the internal memory, just the tape and the card (and I have both).

The cam works perfectly normal with the tape, just fudges up when I try to use the memory card.

The protection tab on the card is in the right position (I did try both though just in case).

It could be defective.. I just don't understand how it worked perfectly normal until I formatted it that one time. Everything uploaded nicely and all of that..

Baffling isn't it?

·
Registered
435 Posts
i format the memory cards for my camera many times... never had that problem :( i'd say take it in to where you bought it, it's still under warranty right? ask the guy to have a look at it, and if he can't figure it out, ask him how to make a claim on the warranty ;)

or if you just bought the memory card, try exchanging it for a new one? or a different brand?

·
Potato
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all, I went back to the store yesterday to exchange -without a receipt- and they were all ready to do it, but they were out of stock of the 512mb, so now I have to wait until they're in stock..

Problem under control, thanks guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts