Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i don't really know why i am here... i do sometimes hit rockbottom and i can't face my own reflection in the mirror, but i always sort myself out. i would hate if people think i feel sorry for myself. i'm not a victim in my own life. i just sometimes get lost and it gets dark and i can't immediately find the light. i don't want to bug my friends coz i'm the one who they come to and i am the one who "sorts" them out. i love doing it, it's not like it's a duty, it's what i want to do. they will do the same for me but i don't think that any of them will understand, and even if they do, this isn't some heartbreak story that can be fixed by the right words and the right amount of vodka... although vodka tends to help. this is stuff i need to sort out and i have to find that "happy" place again. i don't know why i'm here and i don't know why i'm writing all of this... i'm just gonna post before i delete. very pointless i know...:boogie(this was the least depressing smiley i could find)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey rockabye welcome. :hyper

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, Rockabye! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have Social Phobia, and have found it very difficult to make friends as a result. But, friends form an essential part of our support system. I know there are others out there, facing the same problem.

This is why I've started a blog, which serves as an online presence for Social Support, for those suffering from Social Anxiety Disorder, General Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, and/or Depression. The objective is for us to eventually organise meet-ups through the blog, in the most relaxing and comfortable circumstances possible.

So, if you're living in Cape Town, and looking for some friends, have a look at my blog: www.sadct.wordpress.com

Take care,
Sam.

·
<3 <3 <3
2,477 Posts
i don't really know why i am here... i do sometimes hit rockbottom and i can't face my own reflection in the mirror, but i always sort myself out. i would hate if people think i feel sorry for myself. i'm not a victim in my own life. i just sometimes get lost and it gets dark and i can't immediately find the light. i don't want to bug my friends coz i'm the one who they come to and i am the one who "sorts" them out. i love doing it, it's not like it's a duty, it's what i want to do. they will do the same for me but i don't think that any of them will understand, and even if they do, this isn't some heartbreak story that can be fixed by the right words and the right amount of vodka... although vodka tends to help. this is stuff i need to sort out and i have to find that "happy" place again. i don't know why i'm here and i don't know why i'm writing all of this... i'm just gonna post before i delete. very pointless i know...:boogie(this was the least depressing smiley i could find)
Hi rockabye,

:wels

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.