Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm impressed at how low some of these TV networks are going just to get reality shows on the air. VH1, in particular, has two horrendous reality shows on this summer, Kept (which doesn't seem to have much of a premise and I still don't know what the hec you win exactly) and Strip Search, and I was thinking that these have to take the prize as worst reality shows on TV. TBS's 'The Real Gilligans Island', probably also ranks pretty high. I was just wondering, what do you all think is (or was) the dumbest reality show on TV?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Every reality show I've seen is dumb. It's hard to pick the dumbest among them. A bunch of young people who are deemed "cool" degrading themselves in front of cameras. Lots of pseudo-humour and false emotions.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Planewalker said:
Every reality show I've seen is dumb.
:agree

Of the ones I've seen the absolute worst would have to be The Dove, The Gottis, The Surreal Life, the one about Ashley Simpson, the one about Jessica Simpson (Newly Weds i think)... I know there's more but I think my mind has blocked them out as traumatic experiences. The only reality show I watched occasionally was joe shmoe, it was just as bad and degrading as the rest but I found it mildly amusing.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
I could care less about the "reality" TV shows. I don't watch any of them, so I can't tell you which is the dumbest.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
I haven't watched more than a minute or two of a reality show since my sister forced me to watch "The Real World" on MTV. Mostly what I know of reality shows is from teasers, or articles I've read. It's left me with the opinion that all reality shows should go :flush

·
Registered
449 Posts
I don't watch most reality TV shows (The Simple Life and Growing Up Gotti are the exceptions)...but I did catch Britney Spears' show. Horrible. Absolute crap. The worst of the worst. :puke

·
Potato
1,002 Posts
My picks: Ashlee & Jessica Simpson shows, Britney Spears show, Big Brother, The Surreal Life, There was an intern show with that annoying guy.. ahh I forget his name or the show, but I didn't watch a second of it. And Survivor is getting kind of annoying now. Just put them on the island and make them SURVIVE already, none of this 'strategy' crap. Yes I watch reality shows and I'm not ashamed :lol It's all for cheap entertainment though, a lot of them do suck. Oh, The Swan is also stupid and dramatic.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Britney and Kevin Chaotic. Worst ever Reality show I have seen, just horrible.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I Want to Be a Hilton, Newlyweds with Nick and Jessica, the Britney Spears one, and Big Brother look to be the worst. I'd really like to see reality tv kick the can, with the exception of a few shows I think are worthwhile like Wife Swap and Supernanny.

·
Poorly Educated
4,912 Posts
Its hard to name one since they are all equally bad. I did watch Tommy Lee Goes to College once...there's a half hour of my life I'll never get back.

·
Registered
171 Posts
shawla said:
Britney and Kevin Chaotic. Worst ever Reality show I have seen, just horrible.
Is that your signature with Jhonny Depp? He's just so amazingly gorgeous that it makes me want to cry! :mushy

Sorry, I digress. I hate all reality T.V.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I was recently watching the Hulk Hogan family show, and it reminded of how fake reality shows are. You can see the acting going on so obviously.... oh, wait, that's the same for like 95% of reality shows.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts