Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
i wish i knew a drug dealer. All ive been wanting to do for the last couple months was to get high but its a challange with this disorder.

·
Banned
133 Posts
St. John's Wort is probably your best bet. For what it's worth, I believe that in the longterm you can teach yourself to manage your depression well enough to the point where you no longer need any medication. STJW is preferable to medicine; God only knows what medicine is really doing to our bodies. I have learned to manage my anxiety successfully by exercising regularly, eating a healthy diet, talking to supportive friends, taking risks, and using a small amount of medication. So, short-term, use STJW or medication to help you, but long-term, I believe that it is possible and much more beneficial to live healthy and happy without the aid of medicine.

·
unashamed perv
1,786 Posts
I know you asked for drug recommendations, but wouldn't it help keep depression at bay if you had something to do, something to aim for in the holidays? Find a job and save some money, or do voluntary work, or learn something at summer school, or set yourself a target of running a mile in 5 minutes, just something to keep you occupied?

I absolutely hated the long summer break form uni too - I felt it was such a waste of time! Learning a martial art and working a series of rubbish jobs kept me sane.

·
Control-Alt-Delete Me
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice... Yeah i've been looking for a job but there are very few jobs going at the moment and they all want experience of some kind! but I will keep trying :)

·
dazed and confused
960 Posts
i wish i knew a drug dealer. All ive been wanting to do for the last couple months was to get high but its a challange with this disorder.
Getting high can backfire on you. Smoking weed makes some people really anxious, it doesn't produce the calming effect that it is purported to have. I seriously would discourage anyone from doing coke, too. It makes you feel good for a short time, but the crash is bad, and it's really addictive and expensive, of course.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Getting high can backfire on you. Smoking weed makes some people really anxious, it doesn't produce the calming effect that it is purported to have. I seriously would discourage anyone from doing coke, too. It makes you feel good for a short time, but the crash is bad, and it's really addictive and expensive, of course.
ive done it in the past and personally when im high, im able to function in normal society without any sa symptoms but ever since my dealer/friend moved away i just don't know where to look plus i rarely spend time outside of the house anyways so its hard to find connections... coke on the other hand is not something i will ever do.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Sometime this depression makes me feel like turning to drugs. I don't even have the guts to do that.:roll
in all honesty turning to drugs is a good choice in some situations. some heavy psychedelics take away your ego and our thurst for material possesions and show you what life is really about. you can come out a different person. however if you can achieve this on will power alone then the more power to you. I highly suggest you take a serious look at floation tanks. they can have the same effect on you and are 100% risk free.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts