Votes: 26 50.0%
  • a perfectly fine thing to say.

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • I'm not sure.

Votes: 5 9.6%
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

· Registered
6,503 Posts
that bugs me a little. i know i may sound like a typical stoner (i really am not anymore), but i can't stand hearing **** from people looking down on those who smoke weed occasionally, while they down five glasses of wine or several bottles of beer on a weekly occasion and they still confidently state that they have never and would never do drugs. come on!
I agree. I only look down on those who are hypocrits. But I am still entitled to my own opinion about drugs. Number one, I can appreciate people wanting the occasional dart or joint, but what I don't understand is the abuse of drugs (not all illicit) such as the ones briefly mentioned by Madison Rose.

Take my mother for example, she is a tiny woman. She drinks 12,000 cups of coffee a day to keep her going and then 'winds down' by smoking an ounce of weed (illicit) and then follows it up with sleeping pills (prescription). I mean, I just don't really understand the logic behind it. First she has a stimulant (coffee) and then she switches to the narcotics (depressants) in combination with sleeping pills to help her go to sleep. Surely it can't be doing any favors for her long term health.

I'm also curious to know what effect this would have on the mental state i.e depression, anxiety plus perception and alteration of reality and the likes.. I reckon if I did it I would get pretty ****ed up.

· Registered
54 Posts
Alcohol is a drug. It's probably the worst one.

· Banned
12,868 Posts
Alcohol is a drug. It's probably the worst one.
I agree but it's cheap and legal and offer's freedom from this mortal c rap for a while ...

· Registered
54 Posts
Alcohol is fun, but it's also a depressant and if someone is depressed and starts drinking it is a recipe for disaster. Alcohol will make you feel so good... even when you are depressed, but it is a quick fix and the ups get weaker and weaker the more you do it.. all this while the depression gets worse and worse. The worst part of all of this is that it is addictive and so hard to get away from because it is so much easier to drink then take the steps to get of the depression. I'm not trying to put anyone down because this happened to me. Alcohol is sickening... and ignoring the fact it is a drug is despicable. I'm not saying all drugs are bad, but lets not be dishonest because it is addictive and we need to categorize as such.

· An Rí
4,030 Posts
Alcohol is a drug, but it's been linguistically separated from other drugs. Perhaps because it's the most popular of drugs, so it stands out. Can we add a "who cares?" option to this poll?

44,665 Posts
Alcohol is a drug, but it's been linguistically separated from other drugs. Perhaps because it's the most popular of drugs, so it stands out. Can we add a "who cares?" option to this poll?
No you have to care.

· An Rí
4,030 Posts
No you have to care.
Oh. Can I care about not caring? I think it's sort of silly, but I also think the phrase "more or less" is a bit silly too. I'm not going to get all up in arms about either and will probably use both regularly because that's just how language works. But do you care?

· SAS member
4,356 Posts
Alcohol is NOT a drug, since its components are not addictive by nature, if people get addicted to it is because they have an addictive personality. Its like saying sex is a drug because some people are addicted to it. Cigarettes on the other hand are separated in the way you say because some of its components have addictive properties.

SO SHUT UP MAN. Always talking **** @Cashel. Stop comfusing these worms that are already pretty comfused by themselves without you adding your own irrelevant and wrong opinion into the mix.

· SAS member
4,356 Posts
^ regardless of wether that's true or not, addictiveness isn't what defines a drug
Well, yes and no. It is for the kind of drugs the topic is about and what the user implied when refering to alcohol.
Based on what you say that's true too, but we could call a lot of stuff a drug sex, coffee, and a lot other stuff you can get addicted too (on the addiction spectrum) on the other spectrum where you have drugs as in pills or other form of medicine, you a lot of time have natural counterparts (natural medicine, etc) whose effects are the same simply because they act on the system in the way the other "drugs" work, but we don't call these stuff drugs although we apply them for the pourpose we would take a similar so-called drug.

A lot of other drugs, we call them just supplements.

So I guess addiction is where we draw the line mostly, that or FDA (using FDA as a generic term for control, prohibition, etc) approval, since there are a lot of stuff that is not approved and catalogued as drugs without being addictive, simply because the "big bro" says it.

· source of vitamin C
2,109 Posts
for the purposes of this thread, I'm really just thinking of 'psychoactive drugs', meaning substances you take in order to change something about the way your brain works, including natural stuff like caffeine, opium, marijuana; and synthetic stuff like ritalin, LSD, prozac, etc..

People can get addicted to all kinds of things that keep giving them psychological rewards in a certain way, some drugs are really good at doing that; but there's also plenty of drugs that influence your mind/change your behaviour without interfering with the reward centres of the brain

· An Rí
4,030 Posts
Alcohol is NOT a drug, since its components are not addictive by nature, if people get addicted to it is because they have an addictive personality. Its like saying sex is a drug because some people are addicted to it. Cigarettes on the other hand are separated in the way you say because some of its components have addictive properties.

SO SHUT UP MAN. Always talking **** @Cashel. Stop comfusing these worms that are already pretty comfused by themselves without you adding your own irrelevant and wrong opinion into the mix.
No.

· SAS member
4,356 Posts
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.