Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a drug test scheduled for Best Buy and Costco.
i take klonopin which is a controlled substance. Do I need to notify them of this before or is the test just checking for street drugs?

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
They're only testing for street drugs, basically. They may not even ask you to list what you're currently on. In fact, I just took a drug test yesterday and wasn't asked to list what I'm taking and certainly didn't offer up the info. I'm taking klonopin, effexor, ambien, and topamax. I have prescriptions for all of them, so I'm not worried. I've taken drug tests before when on meds like these and passed.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I too have a drug test coming up for a new job and I am a bit worried about xanax, but hey if I have a script I figure it should be fine right?

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
lol I am on dilaudid and fentanyl, and when I took a drug test at this walk-in-clinic, they didnt say a thing! I never told them I was on those meds and from a glance, it doesn't look like I'm in any pain or old enough to need them so...

·
Lucky Me
898 Posts
No one tests for benzos; not even the FBI, when applying for a job.

You will be tested for opiates, amphetamines, cocaine, and marijuana.
If you are going to get secret or top secret security clearance then please believe they will find out what drugs you are taking, especially if there is a paper trail.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.