Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have massive problems controlling my anxiety when I have to drive with my children in the car. I'm afraid of other drivers, losing control of my car..etc etc.

Now, I have to drive my eldest daughter 2 towns over, each weekend, so she can see her dad. I have to do it today.

I am tired of feeling this way, so I am going to try some breathing, play some good music and take control of it.

Wish me luck!

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Good luck I hope it works for you. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I did it!

Small 'tickles' of anxiety but I talked myself through....

Yay for me! :)

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
I have massive problems controlling my anxiety when I have to drive with my children in the car. I'm afraid of other drivers, losing control of my car..etc etc.

Now, I have to drive my eldest daughter 2 towns over, each weekend, so she can see her dad. I have to do it today.

I am tired of feeling this way, so I am going to try some breathing, play some good music and take control of it.

Wish me luck!
Scary thoughts are part of the anxiety - you know deep down that they would never happen. Those thoughts can just pass through as fast as they came into the mind :).

You will do fine :).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scary thoughts are part of the anxiety - you know deep down that they would never happen. Those thoughts can just pass through as fast as they came into the mind :).

You will do fine :).
Yeah, I am learning that the anxiety is a result of thoughts. Correct the thoughts and I correct the anxiety.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, it's Sunday, so I have to drive to pick my daughter up again today.

I've hardly had any anxiety about it at all and usually I am working myself up about it all day.

Pretty clever, huh? :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm glad you've controlled your driving anxiety! I'm working on that right now, too. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts