Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been pushing it off for months but now my mother signed me up and I'm sort of stuck. The first class was today, it went relatively OK, as it turned out one of my neighbors will be taking it along with me. So now I have the driving practices to worry about endlessly - as soon as I get my permit, anyway. I'm 19 and a bit too old to be scared of driving but I am, and I should think having a creepy driving instructor looking over my shoulder and criticizing my every move (OK maybe he's not all that creepy, but still) will make things a lot worse. What should I do with myself??

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
By the time I drove with my high school driver's ed teacher and two other students in the back seat it was easy for me and I drove vastly better than the other two. I'd already practiced with my brothers & father driving vehicles from hell -- no power steering, stick shifts, no power brakes. By comparison, driving the school's car with power everything and automatic was so easy that a little old lady could handle it. After learning how to get a pickup with a stick to move without it either stalling of bucking like a wild horse, anything with an automatic seems so easy.

·
dazed and confused
960 Posts
Just try to keep in mind the freedom you will have once you get your license. True, driving lessons aren't a whole lot of fun, but in the end you will benefit from it.

·
Registered
10,731 Posts
I never could take drivers ed due to ahole teacher. We had to sign up on a waiting list and he never would pick me. He was also the basketball coach and thought I should be a basketball star like my dad was, which wasn't going to happen. He and my dad were in the same class and at the same school back when they were in HS. So to punish me, he excluded me from taking drivers ed and told me to go to another school to take it. I had no transport to go to another school. So I had to wait until I was 18 to get my license.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.