Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new here.

I'm 16 yr ol d male, and insecure about myself. There's some people who like me, I don't really have social anxiety but I just can't seem to interract with people.

By nature, I'm very dreamy, a very bad conversationalist (except with very deep topics). Very spiritual and all, a follower and listener, but there's something inside me that makes me want to be a leader and have a lot of status.

It's like I am a wolf in sheep's clothing. I try to do everything to be a leader and be a good conversationalist, but my outside is blocking me. Like I'm trapped.

I have friends who come up with stuff and lead, and I'm kinda jealous of that because I want to be powerful too but I just can't seem to do that. I can barely find the right words in certain situations, I noticed out of experience that people don't like to be around someone who is just following around.

~And, with girls this is a problem too. When I'm in a group and there's a girl I find interesting, I'll introduce, but very soon they lose interest because I always go with the flow and never come up with subjects myself. That makes me boring and seem weak and sensitive I guess. And when I'm alone with a girl it's awkward aswell.

Also at work I notice that I'm a really bad teamworker. We all need to work together, but the thing is that when I suggest people to do something, I get confused. I don't know what's going on and what needs to be done.

I'm a very optimistic person, but my true self doesn't allow me to be how I want to be. I wonder if someone has the solution for me. It would be a method how to lead or bring up ideas, and focus (and know) what is needed to do. And some conversational tips.

AND don't tell me to just be myself. When I am myself, I'm a shy little kid who isn't in contact with the rest. And I don't want that anymore as it doesn't bring me any success.

Thanx very much ! Peaceouttttt

1 - 1 of 1 Posts