Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post here and this forum has been really helpful to me.

My school starts tomorrow, I'm starting the next year which basically means I stay in the same school with most of the people form the past 3 years but a load more come.

I'm worried as I have very few friends. In the group I usually hung out with a few "friends" treated me like crap so I stopped hanging out with them. They got annoyed because I never said anything but this was because anything I did say was ridiculed so I lost all self confidence.

I'm fine talking to other people in my year in class but I'm too scared to ask people to hang out at lunch or outside school, also after 3 years everyone has their own cliques. I usually spend lunch wandering the neighborhood around the school and just use the internet during time at home.

I'm worried that all the new people will recognise me as a loner and that I've got another year of boredom and loneliness ahead.

·
Top 5 Poster
6,051 Posts
I know how you feel, I have a lot of regrets about high school, and believe me when i tell you this, if you run you will have regrets

Your 100 percent right, its not easy to get into groups one the cliques are formed.

In my final year I changed high schools, and all my friends were gone. I found myself so alone. I would skip classes and walk around. I think you should try to be as constructive as possible and get the best grades possible.

My suggestion is to accept it and move on. Instead of walking around do something inside the school such as Library or the Gym.

Good Luck, maybe you will find some other kids with their first year in that school

·
Registered
220 Posts
I wish we were in the same school and class... I'd be your friend!

I'm going thru the same... My school is starting on 15th.
I'm so scared of being left like for the past 10 years of school...
I've always been a loner but i'd like it to change...

We can still moral support each other. =P

·
Registered
9 Posts
Personally I just try to focus on the education aspect of school and friends will come. I know it's stupid to say in this forum but do your best to not think about meeting people, just go with the flow and it will happen.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Are you in high school or college? Either way I'd say join a group/team/some sort of activity that will force you to be around others. When there is a will there is a way!! Good luck and know that you are more capable of what ever it is you want to accomplish more than you know.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Please, talk to me! Hehe... I don't really have a "group," we don't know each other well enough to be considered one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.