Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hate phone calls in general but i especially hate having to call someone for the first time. if i get a phone number from a girl i fancy i'll usually txt them, which is probably taken as an insult. my social anxiety seems to be more intense on the phone than talking in person. is this the norm in the SA community or only me?

· Registered
78 Posts
Look at it this way..the phone is a barrier or a shield for you to hide behind.
Im great at phone conversation...probably as good as the top ten percent.
I think I could be a telesales person...and Ive done customer service on the phone.
In person is harder..
IF you have a sucky phone convo you can always blame it on something or call back and have a better one..

· Registered
374 Posts
seriously texting is fine, it might even make a girl feel more comfortable, before you make that first call..making the first call is tough, but remember lots of people have really short ccalls, even, "hey, how you doing? "hey I gotta go bye!" this girl who liked me, did that all the time..she was just really busy all the time..

· Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, for example, i put up a girl in a hotel with me for 4 days over easter then as soon as we departed I just couldn't find the courage to call her. so i txted her twice and no response. then i try facebook and still no response. talk about being shot down where it really hurts. that is to say my bank account.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.