Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post!
I read some reviews about it here and have been considering it for some time, plus there is a price reduction right now for $250, so I went ahead and ordered the Dr Richards Overcoming Anxiety step by step audio series. I have high hopes for it! I would say I have moderate SA. I just moved and am living alone for the first time, in a new place, which makes things more challenging, because I don't know anyone, but is also helpful because I feel like I don't have to "hide" the tapes and can listen to them at home without roommmates noticing.

One of the things that is going to be the hardest to get past is blushing. I am a big blusher whenever I am put on the spot or uncomfortable. It is to the point that just anticipating blushing gets me panicked. I am really bad around strangers. Around my friends and my boyfriend I am a lot more comfortable and open.

Anyway I really hope these tapes are effective and I am dedicated to investing the time it will take and going through the exercises. I feel like going in with a positive attitude will help as well. If you have any feedback about these tapes (hopefully encouragement!) I would love to hear it. Thanks!

·
Digimon Loyalist
2,031 Posts
Hi makingchanges welcome to SAS! I hope you will be able to share your thoughts, fears, and experiences with your fellow SA's. I love your username, very optimistic. My name is Richard by the way. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the welcome

Hi Richard! I chose the name because I am feeling motivated right now. I feel like I have wasted so much time worrying about what others think of me, it has distracted me from being happy and focusing on what I want to accomplish. I am really tired of it and feel like I am ready to really commit to working on my SA. I had a recent experience in class where we had to do the "icebreaker" on the first day and talk about ourselves. I worried that we would have to do this for hours before the class and then when people started going around in a circle I would get jolts of panic that I would have to speak soon, and then when I did I felt totally awkward and could tell I was blushing, just felt super flustered in general. It would be so nice not to have it be such a big deal and dominate my thoughts so much. Other people seemed to go on and on about themselves without any hesitation or sense of self conciousness.... I know that progress won't happen overnight but I feel like if I stick with it and practice I will see a change. Right now I am trying to focus on that hope rather than focus on my bad experience today and so many other similiar experiences I have had.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
My first post!
I read some reviews about it here and have been considering it for some time, plus there is a price reduction right now for $250.
Whoa, I had no idea his stuff cost so much! Hope it works out for you!

:wels

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey makingchanges welcome. :)

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, MakingChanges! :)

·
3rd SAS Battalion
886 Posts
Hi, you'll find Dr. Richards course to be great, it does work, but it takes practice. Many have fallen away from it after the second or third week, me included, but I'll go back to it. Welcome!

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
welcome and to second what Britisharrow said -

I've got the programme. it's verrrrry slooooooowwwww. There are 20 disks in all and the information is fed one little bit at a time. I got as far as week 11, I do plan to get back to it as well. It does do the job as far as I can tell, but I got very impatient with it. On the whole, I consider it money well spent though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
good to hear

thank you for the feedback. I am pretty disciplined in general... usually! so hopefully I will really make it work for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts