Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I work at a bank, and this guy comes into today. I was under the position of "lobby management" where you basically give a customer a generic greeting. So I said the generic greeting. And he says "...really?"

Bare in mind, I'd never seen the guy before.

So then I say, "I'm sorry do I know you?"

And he says "what?"

And just ignores me.

So later he leaves. And I found out from my trainer that this guy is very arrogant.

The point is...I just found it funny. The way this guy acted towards me..he was completely arrogant prick. I tried to reconcile with him before he left and found out it was a waste of time. It was hard for me to let go of, because I care what people think. Any people. But basically, at the end of the day, I just said...**** him. So what if wants to be an *******. It was unwarranted. Period. No need to rationalize further.

Just wanted to share that with you guys. If you have any similar douchebag stories, I'd love to hear 'em.

·
SnotRocketTime
404 Posts
there's a lot of them out there. if someone gets smart like that with me, even if i'm working, i'd do/say something. i'd probably do something when he was leaving and wait until his back is turned and mock what he said earlier.. "really?". and then if he turns around i'd already be engaged in something else. that way he couldn't tell for sure if i was directing it at him. or i'd say something like "have a nice ghey." that's just me tho.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I got all dolled up one night to go out with some friends (this was on one unusually low-SA night about 10 years ago). I went to the mall to meet my friend there, since that's where she worked, and while I was waiting on her to get off, I went downstairs to the little convenience store to buy some cigarettes. I was looking, in my opinion, super big cute, so I walked in and smiled at the cashier and noticed a group of douchebaggy fraternity boy types. Usually just being around that type would throw me off, but I was hot stuff that night, so I just went about buying my smokes. On my way out, one of them barked at me.

I went home, put on my sweats, watched TV and overate. He won.

Good for you for recognizing that the other guy was the jerk. I know that only a real a-hole would do something like that, but I'm a little too fragile to think he wasn't right, just a little.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have many douchebag stories. Much of them happened as far back as 15 or so years ago. I used to think about them and really get myself angry, depressed, sick, etc. What has helped me get past this, and it takes a lot of practice and persistence, is learn to expect that humans have the right to act any way they want. If someone chooses to act immature like the guy in your story then so what? It would only be his problem but since you have accepted his immature behavior and you are choosing to allow it to disturb you emotionally, it is now your problem as well. There are too many pricks in this world to allow yourself to become disturbed because of their faults, you know? I know it is excruciatingly hard to think like this with us SAers but with practice it becomes easier. I hope this helps. Just let 'em be pricks, try to laugh at their behavior (or, hell, help them if the opportunity calls for it), and you'll come out on top, and it will build a hell of a lot of self-esteem in the process!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts