Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was prescribed xanax for public speaking. practiced a situation with .25mg no effects. Tried .50mg for a another speaking situation helped a little but still some jitters and issues. I know it wont cure all, but I dont want to take too much to cloud my mind judgements. Wondering what people generally take before a presentation/speaking engagement. I also understand everyone is different etc. I dont take any other meds except this if I need for a speaking gig. Also can you use a mix of inderol with xanax to control both physical and mind aspect? New to the med thing to assisting speaking. Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
First, it's safe to mix any benzo and any beta blocker, so Inderal & Xanax is fine.

As for dosage, I suspect the reason nobody else has answered is because, as you correctly noted, everyone is different. Your best bet would be to try 0.75mg next and see how that goes. If you still need more than try 1mg. There simply is no magic number that anybody can toss out. After a decade+ of benzo use I probably have as much experience as anybody here and my public speaking dose is non-existent. There is no amount of Xanax that would make me want to engage in public speaking. I haven't done any public speaking since way back in college, which for me was 18 years ago & I didn't take benzos back then.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Yes, everybody is different. I had to take very high doses of benzos and opiates in order to speak. I think my dosage was something like 4 mg clonazepam + 2 mg lorazepam + 4-tylenol # 3s (120 mg codeine). I basically had to be almost knocked out in order to do presentations. Luckily I only had to do 2 in my life (other than the one in grade 7 where I had a major anic attack).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts