Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know or have tried any TCA's or other antidepressants that reuptake Dopamine? I think this is the cause of my SA. I tried wellbutrin but it made me dizzy and I am hoping I get a TCA that can help with dopamine. Does increase in Dopamine increase other anxiety?

·
Registered
707 Posts
I've been interested in TCAs for the same purpose, I thought that if they are so notoriously un-selective, there may be one with prominent DRI action among them. Unfortunately, I found nothing interesting enough and worth baring side effects. The max affinity for DAT among AD meds is that of paroxetine, but hardly noticeable along with its SSRI effect. And wellbutrin is the most effective because of concentrations it achieves, and lack of effects of comparable potency. NE uptake inhibition may be decreased (and DRI increased) by prevention bupropion -> hydroxybupropion convertion.
Btw, tianeptine increases mesolimbic dopamine levels (and frontocortical in higher doses). And it is rather prominent, and not masked with it's other effects.

·
baclofen enthusiast
2,748 Posts
The only TCA I know of which is a dopamine reuptake inhibitor is Amineptine, but it's not readily available in most places anymore.
I think it has been recalled everywhere due to presumed liver toxicity but there might be some underground laboratory in Australia which sells it at like $300 the box.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts