Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I slept in and missed two of my classes! I'm so pissed at myself and it's just adding to my stress and depression. My alarm went off but I just turned it off and went back to bed full well knowing how mad I would be at myself later. I'm going to be beating myself up all day over this!

I'm somewhat in depression, well more than somewhat, but that still isn't an excuse. I feel like I have no control over my life and emotions anymore and I don't know why I've lost control. I feel helpless yet at the same time the way my life goes lies completely in my hands.

FML would be an accurate thing to say right now.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Last month, I was in a horrible depression. I didn't know how to cope with it, and I started missing out on some things as well. What helped me, was just taking time alone, and pampering myself. (Going out for sushi, buying a new CD, swimming, etc) If it got to a point where that didn't help, I just talked to my sister, and helped her out with her problems, which in turn, helped me feel better about myself. I've always found if you help someone else, it makes you feel good about yourself. Just remember you're worth it, keep going on, and I'm sure something good will happen. :)

·
PreciousGleamingMcNugget
5,593 Posts
I know what you mean. I feel really crappy whenever I miss class. I didn't go to any of my classes on Monday even though I had a quiz and a paper assignment being given out. So today I'm going to have to deal with making that up. Ugh...

Having SA and messing up in school really sucks for me. I feel like if I don't have a social life or anything, I should at least be on top of all my schoolwork and make straight A's. But the stress gets you down...

·
Registered
192 Posts
First off I wanna' say 'lol' to the name of the thread, it made me smile irl :clap

Try not to worry about it so much, it's just a little time off work so to speak. I've been really depressed too and skipped two classes myself lately and I know I'm gonna' get reemed, but oh well. Sometimes we need a break and at the very least you won't be getting fired from school or anything for just classes, so go ahead and grab that pillow, blanket, and whatever else you like when you sleep :yes

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
You might feel better if you can somehow find out what you missed and get working on it if you have some assignment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts