Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i first started therapy it felt relieving to go every week. i looked forward to it and had something to talk about each session

now it feels kind of forced. i know i should keep going and i sometimes have to think what i want to talk about. the first couple minutes are sometimes awkward and sometimes i run out of things to talk about, stare in another direction avoding eye contact, and my therapist just sits there and waits for me to say something even though i have nothing. then she usually says somethin like "whats going on in your head now"

i also dont want togo each week and feel relieved when its over. is this normal? i know therapy isnt the easiest thing to be doing but i was wondering how others viewed it

·
Registered
225 Posts
If your therapist is making you feel unconformable like that, then find a new one.

Good consoulling comes from waiting for people to open up, not jumping inside their head until words come out their mouth.

·
LookingForMyLife
598 Posts
Hey, unless you are being forced to go to therapy, you cant be made to go once a week. My therapist wanted me to go once a week, and I told her that it was too much to handle. She worked with me and I have been going every other week for a year and a half now(unless I have an emergency, which I make the appointment at my request!) Going twice a month takes away some of the pressure, and I have been improving alot. I also seem to have more to say going every other week. We never have a quiet awkward moment!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i like the every other week idea. maybe i should do that.

i do have something i want to talk about this week, so at least im eased for now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts