Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get really stressed when I post on here because it's usually something personal. I get nervous checking for replies, if there's no replies I don't have to worry about responses but if there's no responses then you could still sort of do with some reassurance that you haven't made a total moron of yourself. It's so stressful.

Gosh I think too much.

·
stillborn
1,764 Posts
I totally do that too! Not so much on this site because I feel the most at ease here. But on other websites and forums, it really makes me anxious! I try to relax and ask myself what the worst thing that could happen would be...

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
I do that too. If no one replies I wonder if I wrote something that sounds really stupid, so I have to go back and check.

Of course, I don't reply to most of the posts I read.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sometimes I don't mind and think it helped at least to vent. But sometimes I need reassurance and I'll see alot of views and feel a bit rejected. It does actually upset me...
Oh well, boohoo, we're all alive.

·
Banned
5,875 Posts
I do this on almost every forum I post on. Besides getting no replies, I also fear that someone will take offense to something I've said, or try to debate a point I've made and I'll be unable to defend it and end up looking stupid.

·
Banned
82 Posts
I have no problem at all posting here or anywhere else. When you compare it to actually trying to start up a live conversation with someone (espcially a stranger), then posting a bunch of words is nothing.

For that reason I am probably more outgoing - and outspoken as well - than I would be in a real life situation. It's kind of like (subconsciously at least), "So what if there is a reply to a post of mine that doesn't agree with me! It's just a bunch of words I'm looking at. It's not like I'm actually physically face to face with someone."

If only I could be this way outside the internet...

·
Registered
439 Posts
I know how you all feel! But also, for me I don't really like posting because it feels like i'm just trying to say something to a bunch of random people who may or may not care. I feel like my message is just going to get skimmed through anyway. It's still strange to me how similar everyone here is to how I am...

·
SAS Member
31,285 Posts
I usually look at it in a few ways. They either don't know how to help you or don't have any advice, the post is too long for them to read, or they are just lurking. Also I noticed some people say they are afraid to post so that might be another reason.

·
Banned
2,768 Posts
I dont really post as much as id want to, but i have this same kind of dichotomy going on in that i HATE talking about SA but probably have to talk about it to get over it.

I'm crazy-closed off and just keep everything in. It's to the point that I cant put my thoughts to words that i think if I talk about it ill just end up saying "i dont know" and "whatever" 50 times, making me even more closed off. And now that it's summer I've barely been going out and still live and home and I get the sense my parents want to say something...but i think they feel the same way i do that you'd be opening pandora's box and everything would snowball from there. BUT, i dont see getting over it not talking about it

dont really know what im getting at, but i know what you're talking about.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh god, don't worry about that but thanks for mentioning.

I dont really post as much as id want to, but i have this same kind of dichotomy going on in that i HATE talking about SA but probably have to talk about it to get over it.

I'm crazy-closed off and just keep everything in. It's to the point that I cant put my thoughts to words that i think if I talk about it ill just end up saying "i dont know" and "whatever" 50 times, making me even more closed off. And now that it's summer I've barely been going out and still live and home and I get the sense my parents want to say something...but i think they feel the same way i do that you'd be opening pandora's box and everything would snowball from there. BUT, i dont see getting over it not talking about it

dont really know what im getting at, but i know what you're talking about.
I can see what you're getting at. I'm the same way I can just about get the words down on here but it's still a jumbled mess and doesn't make much sense. There's no way in the world I can get the words out of my mouth. It frustrates me SO much. I do that too, I'll try and talk and I'm wanting to and someone'll ask what's wrong and I'm like "I don't know" "It's nothing", I think it frustrates people, it frustrates me too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

Most of the people value other people's opinion so much so that they feel anxious about it and they feel so bad whenever they get negative feedback.

What you need to do is to not care too much about what other people think about you. Concentrate more on making yourself happy. If you are able to do this and your aura shows it, people would be happy to be with you.

Regards,
atvsamala

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
To be honest, I am the same way. I post on here all of the time, and pretty much afraid to read the responses, because I feel like that I will be jumped all over for expressing my opinion. I will also be honest and say that I am sensitive to criticism. I do want people to respond, and feel like when noone does that people don't care, but I think like anyone else, a person wants support, and not to be personally attacked. I know that I don't do that. It serves no purpose, and its rude.
I undersand completely what you are saying and agree with your opinion.

·
"Why So Serious?"
901 Posts
I get really stressed when I post on here because it's usually something personal. I get nervous checking for replies, if there's no replies I don't have to worry about responses but if there's no responses then you could still sort of do with some reassurance that you haven't made a total moron of yourself. It's so stressful.

Gosh I think too much.
I'll vouch that, I am the same exact way.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know this topic's been brought up before but it helps to just put it out there and say "I'm anxious about this"... even on here... even more so. In a pretty bad way that I think, why do I even come on here..? Because it does help to get my thoughts down and get opinions but I usually regret it to some degree. My anxiety's been flaring up quite badly lately, I hate it...
So yeah it's nice to be agreeable and see that other people here get it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts