Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very active in a bi polar forum but I can't post this there. I will just get a million replies about how I can't do this.

I have lost my health insurance and I am tapering off my meds. I am reducing all my meds to half the dosage and increasing my paxil by 20mg because I have a stock pile of it. I just had to confess. There are resources available to me so I have a back up plan.

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
what meds are you reducing and is paxil the only that you are increasing?

it's not so much that you "can't", it can just be very risky. considering you are already unstable (not being harsh of course! :p i just have seen you said that you are) - increasing the SSRI is just going to mess with your serotonin level even more and could easily bump you into hypomania/mania/dysphoric manic (which is the worse) or eventually into a depression.

what are the resources? are you still able to afford to see a doctor or even just a therapist or someone? what i think could also be good is if you have someone close to you who knows about your bipolar who you can inform that you are going off and changing your meds, so they are able kind of keep you in check and tell you if they think your mood is becoming too extreme to the point where you don't have control over doing anything dangerous/reckless.

i do agree with others that this isn't such a good idea, but if you absolutely can't afford it, then i hope you at least try to take advantage and use other resources as much as you can to make sure you do stay safe. i don't know if you personally get suicidal but even having a number for a free help-line on hand could be very helpful if you feel you are in an unsafe state of mind.

good luck May, i hope you do your best in trying to keep your mood and yourself in check and cope the best you can. :)

·
Banned
5,875 Posts
I am very active in a bi polar forum but I can't post this there. I will just get a million replies about how I can't do this.

I have lost my health insurance and I am tapering off my meds. I am reducing all my meds to half the dosage and increasing my paxil by 20mg because I have a stock pile of it. I just had to confess. There are resources available to me so I have a back up plan.
Jeez...that really sucks, losing your health insurance. I'm always afraid of that, I'm on thin enough ice at work already. You need to be very careful with this. I really hope things work out for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts