Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As stated I think my SA stems from just not knowing what to say at times. There are so many instances where I can recall thinking to myself "What do I say here? next? or thereafter?" I am constantly at a loss for words in many social situations. When I know a subject well I can talk for ages. But doing that whole spontaneous talking/conversing thing is something I don't know very well. And of course this has taken it's toll on my social and romantic life. So I would't say I have SA or fear social situations as much as I just don't know how interact and engage in conversations. And this is all because I don't know what to say...

·
La Vie En Rose
1,673 Posts
Me too but my bigger problem is telling people my honest thoughts and people generally don't appreciate that. So in an attempt to try to be more tactful, sometimes I overthink things and end up saying nothing at all because of it and then appear awkward because of it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right, of course I've been there too. Honesty and bluntness are something I do a bit too often. It's so difficult keeping all your social cues "in check" WHILE at the very same time trying to act normal...sort of a false dichotomy. I envy the ones that can be spontaneous and funny while being accepted socially amongst the group.

·
Dubstepper
339 Posts
I think a lot of my SA got worse because of this, not knowing what to say, not knowing how to have a lengthy conversation, but instead keeping things as short and simple as possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts