Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this ad in the paper for donating plasma, it takes about 2 hours and can be done twice a week, they pay anywhere from $20-50 per session.
Has anyone done it?

·
SAS Member
31,298 Posts
I think the first time you do it the pay will be minimum, but if you become a regular then it goes up.

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
Its a great idea in theory but you might not be too impressed by the clientele.

I have done it, back in my early Vegas days, I really needed the money.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts

I have done it, back in my early Vegas days, I really needed the money.
That is so true! :lol

When I was an undergrad I walked by a plasma donation place every single day and it was typically a grab bag of homeless people, prostitutes, and desperate college students.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Plasma clinics are typically in the worst areas of town and they attract folks desperate for cash -- like to buy booze with.

My brother did this for a while to make money, despite being a millionaire. He lives in Madison, a college town, and I suspect many of their clients buy booze too, but it's middle class college kids looking for beer money.

Even he gave up on it after several months.

I couldn't do it, because I can't stand even giving a blood sample.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I started doing this recently for money, it's not bad you can make about 200 a month. But it does take a lot out of you even only giving the twice a week maximum and me being about 180. Mostly you use the money to pay for the food you hunger after giving. Also it leaves track marks. Yeah there are homeless people but they aren't too bad, then again I don't live in a big city.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts