Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a year until I graduate but I feel like I'm on the wrong course, and at the wrong university. I sort of pushed myself into this programme because I was nearing my mid twenties and I had nothing going on in my life. The course that I want to be doing, I was actually attending all the way back when I was 18, so I know about it and the university, but I dropped out back then because I was depressed, anxious and made stupid decisions. I don't know what to do... I could go with my heart and go back to the other course, but it will set me back two years and I will graduate at 29.

·
Power Trip
1,016 Posts
The part where you said you dropped out at 18 etc. etc. sounds a lot like what happened to me. I guess you've just got to go ahead and do it if you feel that's what you want ... unfortunately there are sometimes setbacks in life but it's your future you're setting yourself up for, so you should do what you feel is best for you.

·
Registered
111 Posts
What's wrong with graduating when you're 29? I think it's totally worth it if it's what you want to do! It does suck that you can never get your time back but think about it, would you rather graduate now and regret it for the rest of your life?

·
Banned
8,934 Posts
I'm 45 and went back to get an EMT license and I start a Paramedic program next month to support a new direction in life. If you believe you're going to be miserable in your profession, do something about it now. However, if you are simply avoiding it out of fear, that is a very different situation.

·
Perpetually bored
121 Posts
How about first finishing the major you're on? And then doing the other one? That way, if you drop out of the second one, you still have a useful degree. Don't worry too much about your age. 29 isn't that old.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts