Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anxiety wise it seems I get a little bit better, I noticed that my best days are the days I have lots of things to do, that ask for my attention which means just don't have the time to let my focus go inwards.

I also discovered that when I have my free days, (which I spent isolating myself out of habit) makes it harder when I do have to come "outside" again to work for example. But when I maintain a "busy" lifestyle which involves lots of social contact and "outside" time. I actually feel better, anxiety wise but also mood wise.

I think I'm doing OK, and I don't suffer that much from social anxiety anymore. My problem now is my avoidance behaviour. I'ts my fear of rejection or humiliation when I want to start doing new things.

·
Out there...
5,124 Posts
I agree. If I am doing a lot on a certain day, things seem to flow better and I wind up not having room for anxiety issues to come on with full force.

I also notice I socialize better when I am consistently out doing something and talking to plenty of people. Hell, sometimes I do a better job socializing than normal people under those circumstances.

·
Wanting More
172 Posts
Yea I Totally Agree. For me its just when you get to that point of your day where you have the opportunity to interact with others like you have some kind of rehearsal or sports practice maybe some kinda of gathering with others, thats when that anxiety may come on. Its just cause i'm an awkward person though. I know how to talk to others its just that im not that interesting to others. plus i don't know how to keep a conversation going for more than 5 minutes

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I now see my avoidance behavior is the biggest issue. I rather avoid then get to know the unknown. Its like I loose my delusional full control over every social aspect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts