Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing "well" without the help of medication or anything else nothing but force of will. I've been trying to fix my screwed up school situation so I had to ask this prof to let me sit in on his class. Then I thought I would try tutoring, went to a tutoring center. Next decided I find a private tutor went to their center. All this I did in one week...

Guility though, I do take medication but it doesn't work. The problem I have is this is burning me out. Facing this anxiety is killing me it's like punishment or torture. Only I know I have to undergo it. I suppose this is what it takes to kill a phobia?

Not sure if this goes in the triumphs section I should feel more proud of myself.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Hmm. I can relate. I was trying for a while to "do it alone" without meds, but the pain and anxiety was just too much. I found myself crying so often, and feeling hopeless. The littlest steps I made in the right direction seemed like nothing.
I'm feeling better with my Paxil. I'm the last person to advocate taking medication, but for me, it's helping. I'm able to celebrate my little triumphs without having to obsess over how long I have left to go.
We're all proud of you for the things you've done. There are a lot of us who may not have been able to do it. Myself, for one.

xoxo
Maggi

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
That is still great, LostSoul!

Like ItsMeMaggi, I am having to take Paxil, too. My doc said I need to increase my dosage temporarily because I have some breakthrough symptoms - some worrying, obsessing - only not nearly as severe. She said it was temporary, though (I hope :().

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am not taking any meds or therapy. Since they don't cause too much disruption in my life, I'll just live with the "symptoms."

Now the fact that I am posting to this board when I am supposed to be working is a whole other story...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts