Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Super Moderator
38,969 Posts
Dogs are for extroverts, right? And cats are for introverts.
Not necessarily. Although most big dogs probably literally need to be walked for health reasons, most dogs can be trained to go out back and do their business quick and come back in. That was how we did with my first dog. We had glass doors and she had a long leash just in case anyone came by or so she wouldn't run off. She'd usually run out there and sniff around for 2-3 minutes, do her thing and come right back in.

Cats are just easier though. Although they do seem to get up on desks and shelves and knock things over. I'd have to totally retrain myself to have a cat the way things are in my room.

· Super Moderator
38,969 Posts
Is it neglect if you don't walk your dog every day?
Posted via Mobile Device
Kind of if it's a big dog. Big dogs can't run that much inside so they never get much exercise. Little dogs scurry all over the place. Both of my dogs would run inside until they wore themselves out. Especially if you played fetch with them or let them chase you.

· Super Moderator
38,969 Posts
I remember once I had some cold soda and was walking towards the living room. My dog was right under my feet because she was always begging for food. She tried to dart in front of me and got tangled up in my feet. Obviously, I kind of tripped and spilled the soda on her back. She squealed like the worst thing that could ever possibly happen to a dog had just happened. Then she rolled over onto her back in a "submissive dog" pose and just laid there like "Why?"

:lol

· Super Moderator
38,969 Posts
That looks like it has Chow Chow mixed in it. I used to have a male Chow Chow, a very protective angry dog
Actually, I was afraid of them for a long time when I was a kid because they look like some kind of wild animal but I haven't met many dogs that wouldn't let me pet them. Mostly those little rat looking dogs are the meanest ones. They pick one person they trust and you might lose a finger if you get to close. :lol

I love the little rat looking dogs but I haven't found one that likes me yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts