Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts
I notice now a lot of people get this. It's defiantly not because of high blood pressure. Mine is perfect. And it's not a virus lol.

I just tell everyone that basically my skin is allergic to heat. because basically when i get my anxiety i get really warm/hot and thats when i know it is showing. Then it just gets worse when i know for a fact it is.

A few years back i got 2nd degree burn from a sunburn on my chest, but i had it before then also. I also get it on my upper arms. Oh! And i also get it when i drink alcohol. Cause alcohol warms you up. So basically i just think its a allergic reaction to heat.
oooh wait a minute you have heat rash!!! The best thing you can do is keep that area dry or if you can't stand it just apply a damp cloth on the area for a couple of minutes and let it air dry. You can't cure it, you can only control it.

I have heat rash on my arms for working in hot muggy conditions.

i used to get these types of rash all over my stomach face and legs badly i now take antihistamines which help and i dont get it now try asking your doctor for antihistamines and explain when you get your rash or take a picture of yourself on the affected area and show your doctor or a dermatologist and they might be ablw to help you:help

I know this is an old thread but I'm curious to see if anyone knows of a cure for this. I get red and blotchy on my chest and sometimes face EVERY time I talk in class or to someone i really don't know well. I did not used to always be this way.. i would say it started a couple of years ago. I have always had a tendancy to turn red in the face when i get nervous or embarassed, and for the last couple of years it has extended down to my chest and sometimes arms. people definitely notice and ask whats wrong, which makes me more anxious or nervous and the problem gets worse.

if anyone knows of a way to help, I would really appreciate it.

I am so thankful I found this thread! I have been suffering from this itchy spots for 7 months now. At about the same time I ended one job and started a real career search. I've tried everything to figure out what it could be (besides going to a doctor..no health care) and I guessed its from my anxiety. I am just so happy I am not the only one! Anti-itch cream definitely makes it worse and I sometimes can use deep breathing to bring it down where makeup can cover it up if I want to wear a revealing shirt.

This really made me feel better you have no idea!

Yes I get this on my chest. And my hands and feet turn red too.

Yep my face and neck/chest will get pretty red. I basically look like a giant tomato whenever I'm nervous. Which makes it worse b/c that one annoying person will always be like.......:um :sus.......:lol your face is reallyyy red!

Not my chest but my arm goes rashy. Probably from stress.

Actually, there are so many things that can cause something like this you'll probably never figure it out without seeing a dermatologist.

Don't assume it can't be a skin disorder or disease or something. It very well could be and although it's embarrassing, it's better to face it and get it treated ASAP. I had a fungal infection on my chest when I was in my teens. Itched like crazy. I finally figured out what it was by looking through tons of medical books at the library. I bought some antifungal cream and applied it and by the next day it had started to fade.

Not saying that's what you have. It probably isn't. Just that it could be anything.

I know you guys were talking about this a long time ago but i just saw this website and decided to look into it. When i am really nervous, excited, anxious, happy, or nervous my chest does the same thing. It breaks out like crazy and turns super red and blotchy, and also my face gets super red. It also always happens when im drinking even if its only a little bit. I want it to go away so badly but I have no idea what to do! It is really embarassing and I wish there was something i could do about it.

I know you guys were talking about this a long time ago but i just saw this website and decided to look into it. When i am really nervous, excited, anxious, happy, or nervous my chest does the same thing. It breaks out like crazy and turns super red and blotchy, and also my face gets super red. It also always happens when im drinking even if its only a little bit. I want it to go away so badly but I have no idea what to do! It is really embarassing and I wish there was something i could do about it.
i get this too, literally exactly the same, i hate it

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.