Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this site, and this is my first thread.

I was just wondering if there's anyone else that has there chest turn rashy with red blotches when they get there social anxiety. It happens to me all the time, so i don't like wearing tank tops or low cut shirts to often. Then when i don't wear something cool when its warm out because of my anxiety, i sweat like crazy.

· Registered
14 Posts
Wow, this is so strange. I've NEVER heard of anyone who gets what I get.

I often get red blotched, around my neck and chest. I also sometimes get little itchy bumps. I call them "itchies". They look like a mosquito bite, they're white and red around them. I often get either those or red blotches when I'm nervous or anxious.

Crazy, I thought I was the only one!

· Registered
26 Posts
Yes! It happens to my occasionally. In the school bathroom I was having a panic attack and I noticed it. I was so freaked out...

· Registered
230 Posts
Viral exanthem

Viral exanthem , also known as non-specific viral rash, is usually a red (erythematous) rash caused by a viral infection. Many viruses can cause a similar-appearing rash, so it is difficult to tell which one is the culprit.

Many viruses cause viral rashes, but it is note worthy that the Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV) & the Herpes Simplex Virus I (HSV-1) frequently flare up with stress especially in periods of high anxiety. Both viruses belong to the herpes family of viruses which also include cold sores, chickenpox or varicella, shingles or herpes zoster (VZV). But EBV and HSV-1 are harmless. They each infect about 90% of the human population. They are neurotropic and neuroinvasive viruses; they enter and hide in nerve cells, accounting for their durability in the human body, because the immune system can not go after them. These viruses live dormant (non-active and non-infectious) within cells but only come out of the cells on rare occasions, such as when the body is under stress.

Attachments

· Registered
146,606 Posts
Hives? Not sure. I have had it once really bad, though. I think anthistamine would have fixed it - I remember having it all over my body for two days.

· Registered
984 Posts
I used to get them a lot more than I do know, deep breathing and mindfullness techniques have gotten rid of them alltogether except in extremely stressful situations. Antihistamines never worked, a lot of the time they would make it worse for some reason.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I notice now a lot of people get this. It's defiantly not because of high blood pressure. Mine is perfect. And it's not a virus lol.

I just tell everyone that basically my skin is allergic to heat. because basically when i get my anxiety i get really warm/hot and thats when i know it is showing. Then it just gets worse when i know for a fact it is.

A few years back i got 2nd degree burn from a sunburn on my chest, but i had it before then also. I also get it on my upper arms. Oh! And i also get it when i drink alcohol. Cause alcohol warms you up. So basically i just think its a allergic reaction to heat.

· Registered
29 Posts
Its hives. The body generates this as a response to emotion in some sensitive people. Nervousness, sadness, or even excitement of a positive nature brings them out on me. I get them on my chest and upper arms. It is embarrassing but I don't know anything to counteract it.

I agree its probably caused, initially, by heat because the body generates warmth with increased blood flow (rapid heart beat) with nervousness and excitement/emotion. I also get them in a hot shower and at the beach!

· Registered
1 Posts
Yep!

Yep! I get red sploches on my neck and chest when I'm embarassed, nervous, anxious, excited, mad - and sometimes for no apparent reason at all! I also get them when I drink alcohol or when I get overheated in the sun.

Rest assured that you're 'normal'. I actually know several people that have this same condition / problem. I haven't found any cure for this, so I just wear higher cut tops or turtlenecks to work, where it seems to happen the most.

It's annoying, for sure!

· Registered
58 Posts
i get that too but when i consume alcohol.

not heavily either, if i just drink just a little bit my chest face arms everything turns red...

im allergic more than anything with me though.....

i dont ever get that when im anxious though....

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.