Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Song and action man
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know from your life experiences so far. I remember when I was a kid and I used to get picked on my dad would say God would punish these people and one day I'd be rewarded. That's when he introduced me to the what comes around goes around quote.

Growing up I've found this to hold true sometimes but not always. Anyone have opinions on this?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I do believe this to be true to some extent. I think people who do wrong will have that moment when everything kind of blows up in their face. They will realize what they have done, and feel shame for it, whether that happens on earth or when they die, I just think it happens.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
This comes from karma, which comes from Hinduism. Strange how Christians seem to believe it too.

I spoke with a Hindu online about it. As it turns out, karma is not the way most Americans think. Its not a punishment/reward system for good people and evil people. It just means, there are consequences, good and bad, for each action.

Lets say you steal from someone. Good consequence is you have more than before. Bad consequence is the law will come after you. Maybe you will get away with it, but it will takw work, and the victim will seek vengeance in some form.

·
Seriously , never serious
6,456 Posts
Never , it may seem like it does sometimes but that's just coincidence .

A lot of people around here are very nice people but don't have very nice things happen for them .

What goes around does not come around but what happens just happens and not necessarily for any reason either some times **** just happens .

·
alien monk
8,663 Posts
the more good you put out there the more likely you'll get it back. thats what i believe.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Eventually yes. You may get away with something for long but eventually you will receive your reward. Sooner or later. But often good people suffer and evil people don't. That's because God is merciful in given us a chance to change or better our lives. When we learn and repent we can change. If we keep messing up and never show mercy we have to face the coincidences.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
I don't lean towards popular thinking of projecting good means you'll get good. Bad things happening to good people pretty much debunks that for me, so do people who consistently do bad things and still come out smelling like roses. Not to mention the very notion of good and bad is left to the perception of the doer.

Its more like cause and effect. You throw a rock straight up in the air, it hits you in the head. Plus, your actions can effect the whole web, no matter how small.

And your gain is your loss, your loss is your gain....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts