Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
36,890 Posts
I tend to like white noise but sometimes even like brown noise better. I have a clock radio with an SD card slot beside my bed. I have like 50 hours of different white and brown noises on there and often set it to go for a couple of hours when I go to bed. Also, have some jet engine sounds and fan sounds on there. I'm not the biggest fan of waves because their intermittent nature is annoying to me. I prefer a constant white noise.

·
Irretrievably Lost
3,219 Posts
I can't sleep without the AC or a white noise machine on. I think the quiet lets negative thoughts creep in. Plus I live in an apartment building so I need to drown out my obnoxious neighbors. Right now I just have the white noise machine but I'd like to also have something playing other soothing sounds as well, either waves or something else. I also find listening to the weather band on the radio somewhat relaxing. That weather data is so lonesome somehow. I love that.

·
Super Moderator
9,539 Posts
Discovered mynoise. net recently and it has been a godsend. I use to just play the 10hr long background noise videos on youtube, but most of them I never get the sort of sound clarity that I like. And that it's constantly loading the video in bits, so it takes up a bit of the bandwidth. The only downside is I cannot download them in audio form like I can with youtube videos. So I can't listen to it on mobile since I don't have unlimited phone data.

Funny thing is often times I will find myself increasing the volume of the bird chirpy noises from the website just to drown out the distracting real bird noises I hear outside through the window. Which makes it counterproductive in a sense.

·
Half agony, half hope.
2,804 Posts
Yes, I love the sound of waves crashing on the shore and seagulls off in the distance, I fall asleep on the beach to that. Crickets at night I oddly find relaxing or the sound leaves make when wind blows through tree branches. I just enjoy being outdoors in general & find it cathartic.

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
8,270 Posts
Yep, I love the sound of the ocean. I think one of my favorite sounds is wind rustling through a forest, that really relaxes me. I also liked the sound of it in the winter, a bit more spooky but in a comforting way I guess.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.