Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your standing around waiting for class to start or something similar and there's someone you know standing around too. Neither of you are talking. You'd like to say something but you then think "well if he/she won't talk to me why should i talk to them?"
I get this alot, i find it much harder to initiate conversations because i'm worried the other person might not hear me or ignore me causing allot of embarrassment in front of others :|

·
In hiding
1,455 Posts
You'd like to say something but you then think "well if he/she won't talk to me why should i talk to them?"
I always think this! I guess in a lot of cases it could just be that you're both too shy to say anything but I always make myself believe it's because they're not interested in talking to me (a way to put myself down unnecessarily I guess :no).

·
Registered
376 Posts
I guess I try to make eye contact, if they avoid it then its kinda awkward. But if they look at you and smile or nod it's kinda an invitation for a convo..

·
Hiding behind the sofa
255 Posts
Yep, this is just about every class for me. I always make sure to have my books open and a have a pen in my hand, appearing to be doing something. When it's just you and another person there, it's the worst, I think 'should I say something? What do I say' and 'bloody hell, what if they say something to me??'

1 - 7 of 7 Posts