Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ask this because I find I am generally much happier and more social when the sun is shining and it's hot (which doesn't happen much here in England).
Today has been a beautiful day , I hope it stays for a while 8)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I find the weather affects my mood, which in return affects my SA. Sunlight has a huge effect on my happiness - sometimes the sun comes out unexpectedly, and it just feels like the world opens up and is a more welcoming place.

It's beautiful here today too :) Enjoy!

·
Registered
794 Posts
I'm sure this has been posted before, but yes it does.

My SA is worse when it's sunny out - I like the rain in general, but when it is raining, fewer people go out and the ones that do are hidden by hoods, brollies or are looking at the floor.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm sure this has been posted before, but yes it does.

My SA is worse when it's sunny out - I like the rain in general, but when it is raining, fewer people go out and the ones that do are hidden by hoods, brollies or are looking at the floor.
i feel the exact same! i also like it as i can put my hood up ha. i just like walking in cloudy weather, how depressing is that..

·
wooden hippie nice
1,639 Posts
I've noticed that the weather has a definite effect on my depression, which in turn like nemasket said, probably helps my SA slightly. I feel significantly happier on days when it's sunny and I'm generally in a more positive, brighter mood. Much the same with day length... I now prefer the summer and its longer days than winter when it gets dark early as I tend to get this strange and horrible feeling of claustrophobia when it starts to get dark. Funny, because it always used to be the opposite with me prefering winter and downcast days to sunlight and summer. But yes, I really wish the sunshine would come out a little more over here!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes. When it's sunny out I can wear my sunglasses in supermarkets etc. Wearing sunglasses shields my eyes so people can't see my fear. Which in turn, makes me feel a bit more comfortable.
That's an interesting point. I find that i'm a lot more confident when wearing sunglasses.
The eyes are the gateway to the soul, as they say.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I really dislike bright sunny weather; I can't see very well and the heat makes me feel off-colour too, so I prefer rainy weather instead. Though I always keep sunglasses with me when out to shield my eyes from bright light, and often other people.

Hearing rain fall usually makes me happy.

·
Banned
4,722 Posts
Very much so. Bright, sunny weather improves my mood a great deal but at the same time I'm worrying more about how I look because being warmer means wearing fewer layers and showing more of myself, which makes me really self-conscious. My favourite days are sunny winter days where I can wrap up in layers but feel the sun on my face too.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Yep, my mood is completely different when the sun shines. I feel so much happier and positive - I love how all the colours of the flowers and trees outside are much more vivid and the rooms of the house are less dim. My eyesight isn't that great and when there is more light I feel I can see everything much more clearly.
Physically I prefer the sun too- generally sunny days are warmer so I can wear looser more comfortable clothing, I'm more likely to go outside, the sun on my skin feels great ... SIGH I wish it was sunny now v_v

·
Fitting In Here & There
807 Posts
I vote for sunny days!
Rain or T-storms once in a while are good.
Overcast is okaaay...
But snow, wind, and cold I hate!
Which means I live in the wrong part of the country...:no

·
Suit up!
390 Posts
I don't think it does for me at all. Maybe you can count that I get more anxious when it rains or is humid, but that's only because my hair turns into a crazy mess... which I guess is more related to my self-consciousness.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I guess when its rainy outside or something I may feel better, because less people come out in nasty weather and less people means less anxiety. Then again I do like sunny days. I don't get out enough to really notice though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.