Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since breaking out of my SA I've been looking for new friends as I didn't have any and a girl that has been with me all my life since 1st grade all up to now (10th grade) became more of a friend to me. When I hadn't quite figured that I had SA I did the most repulsive thing to her. We got really close and I suggested we did it...She thought I was joking but when she found I wasn't she firmly rejected me and left. After a while we started talking again and I school broke out. I started trying to get over my SA and we would hang out alot. We chat pretty much every day now.

However, about 2 months ago I started getting this feeling that she likes me. Just a kind of tease here and there and I wasn't sure what to think of it. I would also have good and bad feelings towards her on and off but never could I decide whether I really want to be with her. Not up until about 2 weeks ago. I left for another city for the holidays and I didn't talk to her for like 2 days and I felt like I missed her. I went on my pc there and saw that she had changed her skype pic and it was the most gorgeous pic she has ever had imo . I went crazy about it. Just then I felt like I really really like her and not as in physical attraction, I don't want to grab her and tear her apart, I wanted to be with her. When she learned that I had come back home she started talking to me more and last night she sent me (idk if it's ok to post a link here)

LINK

I wasn't sure what to make of it and I was pretty much left speechless. I mean does this actually mean she wants me? Or could I be in a really deep "friend zone" so to speak? I really can't tell and I don't want to miss my chance with her. I'm desperate for help at this point...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, but since I've been rejected quite a few times I've grown a fear to such decisions. I am not sure that I'm in her life as much as she would let a possible boyfriend be. I don't feel jealous that she could be chatting with others and going out with others, I simply fear that I might end up getting it the wrong way and making a fool out of myself. I mean she would see me as a person that keeps that friendship as a hope that we can get together and that I don't even care about her? Or am I overly paranoid???...

·
Registered
11 Posts
if you afraid, don't do it. it will make u happy. if you go for it, you will have chance. but i gotta tell you this, if she reject again, you will be more hurt than ever before.

all i want to say is: STOP. find another girl. ask her out. have sex with her. forget this girl. she is not going to be with you no matter what. you should just quit.

you future wife is still waiting for you. i 100% sure she is not this girl. you know what i mean :)

·
Banned
9,928 Posts
I think you are in the 'freind zone'. She rejected your advances once so I don't see why she would have changed her mind.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She has rejected me once when I suddenly wanted to have sex with her. I barely knew her back then and same goes for her. I don't even consider this a rejection, just not wanting to have sex with me just because I felt like it. I don't see this as a valid reason to drop her. Is this really how we should act? Do everything for sex right off the bat?

·
Banned
9,928 Posts
Sorry - I don't get it. You say you wanted to have sex with her when you barely knew her - but you also say you have known her since 1st grade. It sounds like you propositioned her in 2nd grade. Exactly how long ago dd you ask her? How old is she? Maybe she is still too young. Maybe you are too young. I could even be breaking the law by advising you!

·
Registered
69 Posts
My opinion is that it seems a bit drastic at this point to either go for it or forget about her completely. If the kind of relationship you want with her is beyond physical then it's definitely worth an investment but I would wait for a sign from her that isn't sexual in nature since that's where problems occured prior (when you suggested you 'do it'). One last piece of advise that kinda fits into my general philosophy: you're on the fence for a reason so don't force it. Take action when you have at least a decent amount comfort and confidence because that's when you can be yourself and that's who you want her to see you for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts