Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Too School for Cool
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To those not in the know, Robert Pattinson is the star of Twilight, and was in one of the Harry Potter movies. Just now, during my daily dose of the juiciest Internet celebrity gossip, I came across this tidbit:

-"Ten minutes into the film at the American Twilight premiere, [Robert Pattinson] had to leave his mother in the theater and go have a panic attack in the car"

Curious, I made use of my serious google (and copy pasting) skills:

- "As a kid, he'd freak out when someone would make eye contact with him on a bus"

- "His only concern is not to do anything so embarrassing that he becomes a joke and can't get another job in another profession"

- "The attention terrifies Robert, who has confessed to suffering from such intense crowd anxiety that he's had 'massive panic attacks' before book signings and even at the supermarket"

I don't know much about Robert Pattinson having not seen Twilight, but it sounds like he suffers from some sort of anxiety, if not social anxiety. Is this common knowledge and I'm just out of the loop? If he does have a high level of anxiety, these past few months with this Twilight phenomenom must have been difficult.

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
If it's true, then the poor kid really chose the worst career ever. He's gonna be "EDWARD OMG!!!" for years to come.

·
Too School for Cool
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He'll always be Cedric to me.

I knew that he responded...unusually to the mass amount of attention he received for Twilight. It seemed that all of a sudden he had to do all these interviews and everyone realized that he kindof sucked at public speaking and small talk. I didn't realize it might be more than that, though.

·
Sassy
2,222 Posts
He gets naked and has man sex in his next movie. Anxiety, perhaps, but he's not helping himself...

And, he'll always be Cedric to me, too.

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
He gets naked and has man sex in his next movie. Anxiety, perhaps, but he's not helping himself...

And, he'll always be Cedric to me, too.
I'm kind of looking forward to his next film. About Dali and Lorca's relationship. I mean, the casting is bizarre, but it's an interesting story.

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
He could, but has learned how to handle it better. I mean, a lot of people in show business have some form of anxiety, but they learn how to deal with it to do what they love. Which, in a way, makes me feel like I'm using excuses for my own form of anxiety, but that's another thing for another time.
And he's Cedric to me, because I have never read or watched Twilight. The fans have sort of turned me off of it. I actually had a girl tell me I should die because I didn't know what Twilight was. So, yeah...

And Little Ashes does seem very interesting. Might have to check it out. I didn't even know Robert was in it when someone was telling me about it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I knew it!!!!!!!

I have been thinking that Robert Pattinson has anxiety disorder for months now. This is the first time I've actually thought to see if anyone else agreed with me. I knew before anyone said anything about it, even before I heard any of his comments to suggest it. I knew it because he's the first person to ever remind me of me. I have severe anxiety disorder and depression and I have never seen anyone that acts as much like me as he does. Sometimes I swear we're the exact same person. He even sits and moves like me. I thought it was just wishful thinking on my part that someone out there was like me and I was just imagining it, but no. I'm almost positive now. It really sucks that the first time I find a person I feel like I could really talk to and relate to, every other girl in the world is freaking obsessed with him. That's just my luck. I swear we even have the exact same sense of humor. So, Rob, if you just so happen to stumble across this, we seriously need to talk. And I swear I'm not one of those crazy obsessive fans. I've definitely never felt the urge to scream at you.

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
^^ Guess I won't go see it then. Although I might, just for the laughs.

I think every celebrity faces anxiety every now and then. Even if you're an outgoing party person, having papparazi follow you everywhere and always in your face, never leaving you alone, has got to be nerve wracking. I've seen video where they've actually chased and stalked celebrities. It's not a good field to be in, unless you really love what you do.

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
It is another chick flick, and a really poorly-made one at that. I thought it was a joke when I first watched it, it was so ridiculous. Highlight of the movie? None, unless you're drunk out of your mind. The entire thing is tinged green (which I sort of liked) and has a soundtrack that would be more appropriate in an 80s-themed action thriller made on a two-dollar budget. Also, everyone in the movie - Jasper, most conspicuously - looks extremely constipated. Hilarious and baffling.
This is completely accurate. But I've never read the book, maybe it's better if you've read the book? I dunno. Waste of ten dollars, for sure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ha ha

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
But I've never read the book, maybe it's better if you've read the book?
I saw the movie and thought the books had to be better. I read the 2nd book and it was crap. The plot was nonexistent and there was only one mildly interesting character. Some of it was so bad, it was actually funny. I might just read the next book for the lulz:D
I don't think Rob Pattinson even likes twilight (judging by a few of his interviews) and he hates the character Edward.
Idk if he has sa..it's possible. I feel bad for him if it's true. Imagine rabid fangirls following you everywhere you go :eek:

·
Registered
529 Posts
I thought the house in the movie was pretty sharp though. All the glassed windowed walls Up high & secluded like that with the amazing views.
As long as I had electricity, water & package delivery nearby ... it could work.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I thought the same a few weeks ago after reading an interview with him /: If he does that must be horrible as he seems to be the new "it boy" in Hollywood at the moment :(

I quite like the Twilight books (I'm not an obsessive fan so don't worry :p they annoy me too) but the film wasn't too good in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
no he does not suffer from it-i've looked at his videos and i think its the fame thing in general that bothers him but as far as social anxiety-like closely with 2 poeple or whatever, he's comfortable-he jokes around, etc

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I haven't seen Twilight, yet. I wonder if the movie is a great as all the hype has been about it. I haven't seen any trailers, either. I'm probably the only one.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts