Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I've been reading more into the medication side of social anxiety, as I feel a lot of the 'self help' techniques aren't particularly helping with my own anxiety. I came across a drug that many people seem to mention, called Propranolol, also known as a beta-blocker. According to the drug's description and what other people have said, it prevents your body from displaying physical symptoms of nervousness or anxiety, such as sweating, twitching and increased heart rate. However, it does not cure any mental anxiety.

I've become quite interested in this drug and feel I would like to give it a go, not assuming it will cure me, but just to see if it can help me in some way, I don't intend on getting hooked on it daily, I just thought it would be good for certain situations. For example, I'm seeking employment right now, so it would be great to feel calmer in job interviews as I have a huge fear of them. Is it possible to buy these drugs online without prescription? Is it safe? I don't have any conflicting medical conditions, and from what people online have said, it seems doctors give them out to people with anxiety quite freely.

Thanks

·
Fighting demons!
767 Posts
Beta blockers can cause diabetes and other nasty side effects directly. Where ssri side effects are due to serotonin receptor stimulation. To be honest beta blockers are drugs I wouldn't even touch a pole with. If you want to reduce anxiety rub magnesium oil on your face, neck and chest. Simple bada boom bada bing.

·
Fighting demons!
767 Posts
Beta blockers only mildy mask physcal anxiety, but magnesium oil will wipe out physical anxiety forever.

·
Fighting demons!
767 Posts
It's transdermal absorbs through your skin and calms the **** out of the over active nerve and acts like a calcium antagonist lowering blood pressure and relaxing the muscles. If you want erectile dysfunction, diabetes, weight gain, Man boobs then by all means take beta blockers. Or you can take the healthier option which works more effectively and is cheap and healthy for you.

·
Fighting demons!
767 Posts
Magnesium chloride flakes half a cup and half a cup of hot water= magnesium oil

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's transdermal absorbs through your skin and calms the **** out of the over active nerve and acts like a calcium antagonist lowering blood pressure and relaxing the muscles. If you want erectile dysfunction, diabetes, weight gain, Man boobs then by all means take beta blockers. Or you can take the healthier option which works more effectively and is cheap and healthy for you.
I'm going to buy a bottle of magnesium oil and see how it goes, as it is under £10 so I might as well. The only thing is, most of the reviews of the product seem to be referring to the treatment of arthritis and joint/muscle pain as opposed to anxiety.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts