Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im taking this mirtazon medication. does smoking cigarettes interfere with antidepressants? i know alcohol does, i was wondering if nicotine did aswell, what about caffeine? the mirtazon has helped reduce depression and anxiety. im not laughing very much though, im wondering if maybe these meds are reducing my sense of humour. i hope not, i used to laugh all the time and loved it.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
im not laughing very much though, im wondering if maybe these meds are reducing my sense of humour. i hope not, i used to laugh all the time and loved it.
It has a similar effect on me. Helps depression & anxiety, but shuts off imagination and makes me feel even more dead inside, in some ways. I don't laugh much, nor do I cry -- it's emotional purgatory. There's more point starting up a conversation with a cat than me, at least it will appreciate the company.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
There's more point starting up a conversation with a cat than me, at least it will appreciate the company.
I have a cat and yes I talk to her (yeah I'm weird, but I as long as I don't expect an answer from my cat it's not too bad ;)). I have to say I enjoy online conversations with you via posts more than talking to my cat. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts