Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
Mine is not as strong now. I hate that. I can't sleep at night.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts

·
Staying positive
754 Posts
For me it did. I wouldn't recommend using it long term. Tolerance will keep on developing at every dose you take. The more you need to take, the more your receptors in your brain will change. I guess you can keep on increasing your doses for the rest of your life, but what's the basis? Do you really want to be dependent on huge doses of benzos just to live your life?

Also once I developed tolerance, I noticed I started developing general anxiety and insomnia, things I never really had a problem with in the past. With all of this and the pretty bad cognitive effects it had on me, I decided to get off it. I'm currently tapering off klonopin after 2 years on it. Withdrawing is not easy.

·
Registered
192 Posts
The research doesn't support tolerance with long term benzo use when used for legitimate psychiatric issues. Dependence and difficulty with tapering off a benzo should be your main concern if you decide to take it more often than not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Depends

In my case, I take it as my doctor prescribed it "as needed". This may not work optimally in all individual cases, but I've been taking Klonopin as needed now for three years without it pooping out on me whatsoever....well you know what I mean ;). Less is best, use but don't abuse!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts