Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everything gets me down. I'm sick of living like this but I can't help it. It's so frustrating and irritating. For example I have 2 roommates. One of them has a lot of friends on campus. The other didn't really so she would hang with me until she met another girl with no friends who was super hilarious. And now all she talks about is this girl is so funny and I don't even matter. I wish I was funny and people wanted to be around me, but I'm boring. I even tried to make conversation with her, but I was just not interesting/entertaining enough. I want to be funny and entertaining, but I don't know how...Am I just forever going to be the boring loser that nobody wants to be friends with?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
btw, what got me down was hearing her talk to her boyfriend today about how funny she was...
Even yesterday I was said cause the girl specifically wanted to hang out with my roommate and not me even though it was both of us who went to her dorm to meet her the other day.
I should just be a recluse that doesn't talk.
I ****ing hate myself I swear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't think that you will have to worry about always having to be the center of attention. I try to enjoy having someone else do it, since there's usually a third or fourth person who also isn't the center of that attention. Just don't let it slide into jealousy over this 'funny' girl.

I'm not sure if it's a common issue, but I am terribly boring as well and it's almost painful to see those loud and confident people overtake a room where you're trying your best to work your SA with. Try to focus on being friendly, over entertaining. That's a different angle that people don't see often!

Best of luck with this, just remember that there are tons of other people trying to find ways, so there will be one!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't want to be the center of attention. That wasn't the point. It's like basically the girl was using me cause she didn't have any friends and now, she's always boasting about how great this other girl is, and doesn't even give two ****s about me.

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Sounds as if she's like soooo many others - always looking to "trade up" -Just remember a true friend wouldn't do this,she sounds a tad shallow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts