Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
No, it's so swift that you don't register the pain until the healing stage. Oh, depends on location of the ear too. The location near cartilage would be more painful

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Where do you plan to get it done?

Some ppl are nervous wrecks when it comes to pain and so the pain threshold is lowered.. Plus each person's sensitivity is different. Just relax and you'll be sweet ;)

·
Gentle Impulsion
7,792 Posts
Please, please, please don't get your ears pierced at your local mall with a piercing gun. It may seem like a good, real quick and clean but it's not. The gun they use is not typically sharp or clean enough to not cause infection. In fact I don't know how so many people get away with using them. The people who use them take a short class and then use it on a teddy bear so they have no real training.

I highly recommend getting it done by a professional piercing parlor. It may hurt a little more but it's safer in the long run.

·
Banned
12,147 Posts
Probably depends a lot on how experienced the person who does it is and what method they use. It's probably safer to find someone who does it for a living. I had one done years ago by this girl I knew. It hurt some.

·
Super Moderator
9,458 Posts
I had mine from a piercing gun and it happened so quickly that I didn't realise she'd pierced it. Completely painless. I had mine done at a mall and it was perfectly fine, but I guess it's different for everyone. I'd recommend the gun though.

·
Gentle Impulsion
7,792 Posts
Lots of people get pierced with a gun and are fine but even more people get pierced with a needle and are great.

Basically I'm just saying if I'm going to have someone poke holes in my skin I want them to know what they're doing and use sterile equipment. The choice is always yours, though.

The needles in the guns they use are hollow point and use brute force to piece your earlobe. This is bad for a lot of reasons.

Regular needles are extraordinarily sharp, solid, and slide through your ear causing much less damage and chance of infection.

·
Such is life
554 Posts
It hurts for a minute, and it can burn a bit too, but it doesn't hurt that much really. It's no big deal.

·
Gentle Impulsion
7,792 Posts
Vey funny joey
If you really want to know about the pain level then I'll say that varies person to person. For me it wasn't bad at all (using the needle method). It felt kind of weird and pinchy but it was over in like 30 seconds. It felt a little sore after that but it went away in a few days. Overall not bad at all!

·
Tell me more
1,782 Posts
My mom guilt trapped me into getting my ears pierced when I was little. It didn't hurt. It was very quick and it surprised me a bit. Kind of like an unexpected painless "shock." After middle school, I stopped wearing earrings; didn't like the feel of it. Now the hole has closed up.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Please, please, please don't get your ears pierced at your local mall with a piercing gun. It may seem like a good, real quick and clean but it's not. The gun they use is not typically sharp or clean enough to not cause infection. In fact I don't know how so many people get away with using them. The people who use them take a short class and then use it on a teddy bear so they have no real training.

I highly recommend getting it done by a professional piercing parlor. It may hurt a little more but it's safer in the long run.
This, a hundred times! It is also unclean, go to a shop where a fresh needle is used EVERY time. I don't think it is much more than ten dollars for the piercing and the jewelry, which is steel and will not cause an adverse reaction.

An the answer is no, it doesn't hurt much at all to have your ears pierced, I have 8 holes in each ear, and not a single one was unpleasant for more than a few brief moments.

·
SAS Member
7,407 Posts
Earlobe piercings barely hurt. When I got my inner conch done, that hurt a lot more. Stretching my ears hurt the most though. I used to have them stretched big enough to fit my thumb through them, but by some miracle they closed up completely, lol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts