Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Does drinking help you?

3K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Resonance 
#1 ·
I just started drinking today. I had one full glass of beer but I still feel anxious. How many drinks you need before you get 'loose'?

#2 ·
First drink today? :boogie

How many drinks you need before you get 'loose'?
Well, that all depends on your height, weight, how much food is in your stomach, if you're tired or not...and so on. Usually 3 or 4 beers will "loosen up" the average man.

BTW, the "confidence" you gain from alcohol is a false confidence. You just THINK you're cool, but you're not. And the next day you pay for it. ;)

#3 ·
Short answer: Drinking does not help. Don't do it.

Alcohol helps just a few times. There will be a growing tolerance and you will be needing more every further drinking. Destroys liver, pancreas, and brain. One glass of wine or one pint of lager could help with the anxiety for a start, but once you practice this more often it won't be enough....

Drinking is not a solution of the problem. It only makes its consequences milder... for a short period of time. Trying it few times won't kill you and perhaps you will feel a bit better, but be sure to control the volumes...

#4 ·
I don't advise u to rely on drinking for not feeling anxious, but if u do do it progressively.

Jumping up to directly 3-4 beers has high chances into throwing u into a coma if you're not used to it at all, or make u feel horrible the next day: throwing up, headaches, exhaustion etc.

Also beware not to mix alcohol with meds if u are taking any. And also mixing different types of drinks, like wine, beer, champaign in any combination can make make u feel really bad with the stomach and head.

#9 ·
Yes drinking helps A LOT. I get bubbly and happy.. but I am under age and cant get hold of alcohol easily. Also I really hate the taste and smell. Hangovers suck as well. Smoking is better, but I get stupid and cant keep a conversation. Drinking helps me be me as long as I dont take it too far.

#11 ·
Drinking does help, but you have to find a happy medium. The problem is that this is often hard to find. One or two drinks doesn't really do it. But if I drink too much, I just get tired and stuck even more in my head. Tonight was one of those nights where I found the sweet spot. I was out at the bar by myself, but managed to have a really good time talking to random girls.

#15 ·
Personally I'd need a lot more than one. More like 4 or 5 just to get the ball rolling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.