Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
AtheistInSearchOfPawgs
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen people that I know in real life lose large amounts of weight without working out simply by following a calorie checker app or whatever

I personally think it's bull because I'm about 10lb over the weight I'd like to be and all I eat on a daily basis is salad and maybe an occasional plate of baked french fries every blue moon.

Who started this lie and what did they have to gain from it?

It could just be my genes tho

·
Registered
178 Posts
If exercise you mean cardio, cardio sucks. Just lift weights and focus on either olympic lifts, and squat, deadlift, bench. Don't do all these bicep curls, and other useless poop for bodybuilders. Sorry I didn't answer your question because I forgot what you asked.

·
Registered
178 Posts
are you trying to be a hunk?

·
AtheistInSearchOfPawgs
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Having an exorcism performed to help lose weight is a little extreme...
a typo i refuse to fix because its funny
:clap

but seriously....... I don't want to lift weights, that will add more weight.

And Cardio makes me tired and hate life even more than I already do

·
Registered
178 Posts
poster is just a hunk don't listen

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've seen people that I know in real life lose large amounts of weight without working out simply by following a calorie checker app or whatever

I personally think it's bull because I'm about 10lb over the weight I'd like to be and all I eat on a daily basis is salad and maybe an occasional plate of baked french fries every blue moon.

Genes do play a role in weight loss or even weight gain but anyone can still do it.Might take longer then you would like but its possible . The bigger a person is seems to lose weight faster then someone whos trying to lose alittle.Maybe you have stubborn genes so alittle cardio could help you lose weight faster.Say around 20 too 30 mins a night of quick walking.Green tea in the morning and night also helps alot.But yeah dieting alone will make you lose weight.

·
slave
4,382 Posts
It'll take longer to lose the weight, but yes, it's possible. I'm naturally skinny, so my genes obviously play a part, and I only eat one big meal a day, which is usually before a certain time, so that gives my system a lot of time for it to digest the food for the rest of the night without fuss. Sometimes I'll have a snack later but it's rather rare. That alone always kept my weight under control.

Of course little things to help also. Like drinking water and walking a certain amount of minutes daily, which I also do.

·
Registered
154,234 Posts

It's better to burn it off with exercise. Exorcising is a head-turning experience itslef, but it doesn't have the impact of exercising the muscles. You will turn other people's heads when you lose the weight, not just your own head by exorcising.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I lost nearly 80 pounds by simply quitting soda and eating a bit better. I hardly ever exercise...not that I don't try to pick it up. I will exercise good for about a week but then things come up and it just falls down the list of things to do.

Of course that is just my body. Nobody is the same so what works for me might not have an effect on you and what works for you might not work for me. Cardio is literally the worst though. It seems kind of pointless unless your planning on doing a marathon or play football. Maybe I'm wrong on that though, I'm sure some personal trainer could explain how I'm dead wrong and cardio is the most important thing in exercise.

·
Do You Even Shift?
4,679 Posts

^She needs some exorcise..... :b

·
Cool Cat
1,017 Posts
Absolutely. Weight loss is 80-90% in the kitchen. If you have trouble with overeating, exercise can actually leave you famished and end up going over your calories. Exercise can also be difficult when you have a lot of extra weight. If exercise is too difficult and you can't stick to it, I definitely recommend an eating only approach.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I weighed over 250 pounds and cut back on how many calories I ate and got down to 190. I worked in construction at the time and most of the time was too tired to do any exercising. I gained about 40 pounds back and now trying to get back down there.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,356 Posts
I don't know much about fitness but I wouldn't have thought so. That doesn't seem to be the best way, dieting helps you to not put more on, exercise surely is better for losing weight.

I should probably pay more attention to this kind of thing, I do walk everywhere and dance a bit, but I don't do much exercise apart from that and my diet is all over the place. I'd probably care more if I put on weight but I don't really put much on ever maybe because of genes.

My mum keeps trying to drag me to the gym but I ****ing hate gyms, so boring. I only like swimming.

Seeing clothes (usually dresses) that are a small but are still too baggy, that I want to buy is annoying though ¬_¬

·
Patron St. of Mediocrity
3,188 Posts
Somebody say exorcism?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts