Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like sometimes when I feel depressed I am less anxious. Because I think that nothing really matters. Like I don't care what people think as much because it all seems so pointless. I hate my life.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
I seem to get depressed after bouts of strong anxiety, like it gets to a point where I can't take the stress anymore and the only thing I can do is to give in and give up so that I lose the anxiety and everything else along with it.

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
They are seemingly opposite, yet inextricably coupled together in a furtive dance of pain, fear, and shame.

God I hate my life.

·
Hated by all females
539 Posts
Hmmm...interesting notion...you might be on to something here...
Over the last few days I've been really really REALLY anxious, both SA and generalized. I've started obsessing over my anxiety(to the point of having panic attack, which I RARELY have) for the last 24 hours or so. To the point of on the verge of crying.
Had nothing else to do so I sat at my computer to listen to some music. My music is pretty depressing and as I got more and more depressed, my anxiety decreased a little bit

·
Banned
19,437 Posts

·
stillborn
1,764 Posts
Yeah, this is the same for me. I just figure, "How can I possibly make any more of an imbusel out of myself?" or "I doubt they'll hate me anymore than I hate myself so I don't care."

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Sometimes i'm anxious and depressed at the same time but most of the time depression numbs me. I get so apathetic when depressed i don't suffer from anxiety. Often i find it a reflief to be depressed.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I can relate. Many times when i'm either really tired and could give a rats rectum about anything, or just in a downer mood my anxiety dissapates into basic melancoly, and aloofness. I guess like said many times before; the cure is always worse than the disease. Awesome perspective. Thanks for it.

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
If I'm depressed enough it's like my emotions turn off except for the feeling of being weighed down inside. I'm also more likely to become avoidant so overall I have less anxiety when I'm depressed.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Yeah, definitely.

·
Banned
160 Posts
Yes, because when I am depressed, there's a good chance I become angry. Depending on that anger, it's not easy to hide my true feelings.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts